Find Accredited X-Ray Technician Schools In Sacramento
A sublime resource to find accredited x ray technician schools in Sacramento is the Education Portal. There are two colleges in the Sacramento area that prepare students for the certification exam. Yuba College is located 41.5 miles from downtown Sacramento. The other school, San Joaquin Delta College, is 46.3 miles from downtown. Both schools offer a two-year program that consist of classes that will get students ready to acquire the certifications necessary to obtain a job in the field, along with clinical training.
How To Get Certified In Sacramento
After graduating from an accredited school, prospective x ray technicians will need to pass the American Registry of X-Ray Technicians (ARRT) certification exam. This certification and a degree from an accredited school are the only r equirements California requires in order to become a licensed x ray technician, CRT.
Salaries For Certified X-Ray Technicians In SacramentoIn 2010 the average annual salary of an x ray technician was just under $54,000 according to the American Society of X-Ray Technicians. California did report the highest pay for x ray technicians with an average annual salary of just over $75,000. According to the Occupation Outlook Handbook, the median annual salary for x ray technicians in 2012 was about $54,600. As technologists gain experience and certifications, pay will increase.
Job Outlook For X-Ray Technicians In SacramentoAfter becoming a licensed x ray technician, some people may choose to become a certified cat scan technician. The same schools in the Sacramento area that offer the radiography program offer classes to gain the certification needed to become a cat scan tech. The state of California does also require a degree from an accredited school (radiography or similar program) and certification from the ARRT.
Becoming an x ray technician is a wonderful job in itself and also offers opportunities to gain other certifications to increase both knowledge and annual salary.
Matching School Ads
- See how you could play a crucial role in healthcare with a Medical Assisting degree
- This degree program is available in both English and Spanish
- Offers scholarships to qualified active-duty personnel, retirees & dependents
- Ranked #42 in 2018 Best Value Schools in U.S. News & World Report
- Regionally accredited private career university with degrees on campus or online
- Associate of Science in Nuclear Medicine Technology
- Associate of Science in Radiation Therapy
- Associate of Science in Diagnostic Medical Sonography-Concentration in General and Vascular Sonography
- And more...
Locations: Fort Lauderdale