How To Get Certified in Rhode IslandThe state of Rhode Island requires practicing x-ray technicians to be licensed. To obtain this license, first a student must successfully complete an accredited program. Then the student will be eligible to take a certification exam from the American Registry of X-Ray Technicians (ARRT), the Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board (NMTCB), or the Certification Board for Radiology Practitioner Assistants (CBRPA). Once certified, the individual can then apply to the Department of Health, submitting the appropriate fees. The license needs to be renewed every two years, along with 24 hours of continuing education credits, two of which must be in radiation protection.
Salaries For Certified X-Ray Technicians In Rhode IslandPracticing x-ray technicians in Rhode Island can expect to earn a salary in one of the following ranges. The low end of the pay scale is from $44,636 to $63,459, with a median salary of $53,484. The middle range falls somewhere between $45,113 to $64,138, with a median salary of $54,057. The higher end of the pay scale is from $48,256 to $67,957, with a median salary of $57,544. There are multiple factors that influence the salary of a technician, including equipment training, educational achievement, prior work experience and whether employment is in a rural or urban area.
Job Outlook For X-Ray Technicians In Rhode IslandThe job outlook for x-ray technicians in Rhode Island is good. It is expected to continue in an upward growth trend, with the demand for certified technicians increasing. Jobs are found in dental offices, physician offices, hospitals, labs and chiropractic offices. Newly licensed x-ray techs are likely to find employment that will allow them to achieve advancement as they gain experience and additional education. The projected increase in job availability in Rhode Island through 2016 is 12 percent.
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
- Experience world-class education online: Purdue Global offers 180 programs at associate's, bachelor's, master's and doctoral levels
- Courses taught by highly respected faculty members who are experts in their fields
- Competency-based ExcelTrack™ Programs may allow you to earn your degree faster and for less money
- Full range of student services: individual educational advising, hands-on learning through interactive online classroom, no-cost tutoring in math, science and writing
- Master of Health Informatics
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
X-Ray Technician Campuses In Rhode Island
|Community College of Rhode Island||1762 Louisquisset Pike|
Lincoln, RI, 02865-4585
|Rhode Island Hospital||3 Davol Square|
Building A - 4th Floor
Providence, RI, 02903