Find Accredited X-Ray Technician Schools in Oklahoma- Carl Albert State College in Poteau
Carl Albert has a radiologic technologic associates of applied science degree program. It takes about two years to finish. The coursework includes several clinical experience credits which can help with job placement.
- Metro Technology Centers in Oklahoma City
Metro has a certificate option for radiologic technologists. The program is about a year and a half long. At the end of the program, students take a national registry preparation course.
- Meridian Technology Center in Stillwater
Meridian's program is a radiologic technology certification that takes about a year and a half. The school is unique because the program accepts high school students as well as adult applicants, making it easy to transition into a career.
- Indian Capitol Technology Center in Muskogee
ICTC has an associates of applied science degree in radiologic technology. The program takes two and a half years. ICTC offers several online, evening, and weekend course options.
How To Get Certified in OklahomaIn order to become a radiologic technologist, you must be at least 18 years old. In addition, you need to have completed a certification program through an accredited institution. Unlike other states, Oklahoma does not specifically require that the program be accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology. However, students must pass the national registry exam - American Registry of X-Ray Technicians. X ray techs must renew licensure every two years and have documented at least 50 hours of continuing education credits.
Salaries For Certified X-Ray Technicians In OklahomaThe amount of money an x ray tech can expect to make largely depends on location. In Oklahoma City, for example, x ray techs make about $48,000 annually. In less populous cities like Stillwater, the average yearly income is $45,000. In the smallest cities and more rural areas, x ray techs can expect to earn about $40,000 a year.
Job Outlook For X-Ray Technicians In OklahomaIn general, the need for most healthcare professions is expected to increase over the next few years, and radiologic technology is no exception. It is estimated that jobs in the occupation will grow by at least twenty percent in the next decade. In addition, jobs in this field are versatile and should be relatively easy to secure for qualified candidates.
Matching School Ads
- See how you could play a crucial role in healthcare with a Medical Assisting degree
- This degree program is available in both English and Spanish
- Offers scholarships to qualified active-duty personnel, retirees & dependents
- Ranked #42 in 2018 Best Value Schools in U.S. News & World Report
- Regionally accredited private career university with degrees on campus or online
- Associate of Science in Nuclear Medicine Technology
- Associate of Science in Radiation Therapy
- Associate of Science in Diagnostic Medical Sonography-Concentration in General and Vascular Sonography
- And more...
Locations: Fort Lauderdale
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
X-Ray Technician Campuses In Oklahoma
|Autry Technology Center||1201 West Willow|
Enid, OK, 73703
|Bacone College||2299 Old Bacone Road|
Muskogee, OK, 74403-1597
|Carl Albert State College||1507 South McKenna|
Poteau, OK, 74953
|Indian Capital Technology Center||2403 North 41st Street East|
Muskogee, OK, 74403-1799
|Metro Technology Centers (School District #22)||1720 Springlake Drive|
Oklahoma City, OK, 73111
|Rose State College||6420 S.E. 15th Street|
Midwest City, OK, 73110-2799
|Southwestern Oklahoma State University at Sayre||409 East Mississippi|
Sayre, OK, 73662-1236
|Tulsa Community College||909 South Boston Avenue|
Tulsa, OK, 74119
|Tulsa Technology Center (School District No. 18)||801 E. 91st St.|
Tulsa, OK, 74132-4008
|University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center||P.O. Box 26901 CHB 451|
Oklahoma City, OK, 73190
|Western Oklahoma State College||2801 North Main|
Altus, OK, 73521-1397