Find Accredited X-Ray Technician Schools in MaineTo become licensed as an X-ray tech, you must attend a program that's accredited by the Joint Review Commission on Education in Radiologic Technology. Accredited programs in the state of Maine include:
How To Get Certified in MaineX-ray techs in Maine must hold a valid license from the Radiologic Technology Board of Examiners, a division of the state's Department of Professional and Financial Regulation. Those who have graduated from an accredited program must fill out an application form and pay a fee of $150. There are also continuing education requirements for technologists to keep their licensure up to date. Learn more online at http://www.maine.gov/pfr/professionallicensing/professions/radiological/technologist.html.
Salaries For Certified X-Ray Technicians In MaineThe average annual salary for X-ray techs nationwide is $54,620, or $26.88 per hour. Salaries in Maine are in line with this national average, ranging from $53,520 to $60,070. The range in average salary is largely dependent on years of experience and type of employer. In general, the highest paying jobs for X-ray techs are at college and university-affiliated hospitals as well as at specialty hospitals.
Job Outlook For X-Ray Technicians In MaineOverall, job growth for this profession is expected to be outstanding over the next 10 years. The Bureau of Labor Statistics projects much faster than average growth in this occupation at 21 percent by 2022. The highest concentration of X-ray techs will find work in general medical and surgical hospitals, medical laboratories, physicians' offices, outpatient care centers, and other care settings. As the population of the U.S. continues to age, medical technicians will be even more in demand. In Maine specifically, X-ray technicians currently hold less than 1,000 jobs. As a result, growth is expected to expand in rural areas of the state as new hospitals and urgent care centers are constructed.
To learn more about becoming an X-ray tech in the state of Maine, consult the accredited programs listed above.
- Experience world-class education online: Purdue Global offers 180 programs at associate's, bachelor's, master's and doctoral levels
- Courses taught by highly respected faculty members who are experts in their fields
- Competency-based ExcelTrack™ Programs may allow you to earn your degree faster and for less money
- Full range of student services: individual educational advising, hands-on learning through interactive online classroom, no-cost tutoring in math, science and writing
- Master of Health Informatics
- Professional Medical Assistant
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at UltimateMedical.edu/gainful-employment and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement, and occupations.
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
- A.S. - Healthcare Information Technology
- A.S.- Health Sciences (Pharmacy Technician)
Keiser University is a private, not-for-profit university.
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
X-Ray Technician Campuses In Classes Maine
|Central Maine Medical Center||300 Main Street|
Lewiston, ME, 04240-0305
|Eastern Maine Community College||354 Hogan Road|
Bangor, ME, 04401
|Kennebec Valley Community College||92 Western Avenue|
Fairfield, ME, 04937
|Mercy Hospital||144 State Street|
Portland, ME, 04101
|Southern Maine Community College||Two Fort Road|
South Portland, ME, 04106