· Arizona Western College has a program that is comprehensive competency-based. Students prepare to take the National Registry Examination.
· Central Arizona College provides an environment that stimulates and challenges its students intellectually. The competency-based education focuses on patient needs.
· GateWay Community College in Phoenix is committed to the education and preparation of competent entry-level technicians who will provide quality patient care and imaging of high quality.
· The Pima Community College program guides students so they can demonstrate clinical competency requirements delivered in a professional manner and consistent with values of radiologic professional institutions.
· Pima Medical Institute, Tucson students learn skills necessary to provide diagnostic imagery of high quality. A Bachelor’s Degree is offered that gives academic insight that allows imagery to be understood and evaluated.
· Pima Medical Institute in Mesa on Dobson has some of health care education’s most sophisticated labs on the facility. Unique, hands-on opportunities are provided by instructors dedicated to the success of their students.
How To Get Certified in ArizonaTo be licensed to practice in Arizona, radiologist assistants must pass the American Registry of Technologists exam. Radiation Therapy professionals, Mammography professionals, and Radiography technicians are required to pass the AART exam or a state issued exam in their field either. A state-issued exam or the Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board exam must be passed by Nuclear Medicine practitioners. A state approved course must be completed, and the AART field exam must be passed by Limited License X-ray professionals.
Salaries for Certified X-ray Technicians in ArizonaThe demand for X-ray technicians is high. Public and private hospitals and radiological experts need qualified X-ray technicians. The average salary of a technician is between $49,000 and $73,000 per year.
Municipal location has a bearing on the salary. The same job pays $60,000 in Prescott and $48,840 in Tucson. Arizona’s average salary for X-ray technicians is higher than the national average of $40,710. Salaries are not within the top five. Maryland holds the honor of the highest average salary at $48,820.
Job Outlook for X-ray Technicians in ArizonaMost X-ray technology graduates end up working as X-ray technicians. Those planning to work in Arizona have a good chance of securing employment. There are a little over 5,000 X-ray technicians currently practicing in the state. The government has predicted the number will be pushed to 6,000 by 2018.
As stated above, employment can be found in hospitals or with radiological experts. Physician and public health clinics and diagnostic centers are also looking for X-ray technicians. The Bureau of Labor Statistics has made known X-ray technicians responsibilities are growing at a rapid pace.
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at UltimateMedical.edu/gainful-employment and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement, and occupations.
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
- A.S. - Healthcare Information Technology
- A.S.- Health Sciences (Pharmacy Technician)
Get hands-on training with Brookline College. We offer diploma and degree programs in the areas of health care, business, nursing, criminal justice, paralegal, and computer security. We understand that today's student is busy with many responsibilities, so we offer day, evening, and online classes, giving you options to fit school into your schedule.
- Diploma - Patient Care Technician
- Diploma - Medical Assistant
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Globaldelivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from a prestigious university system—completely online.
- Master of Health Informatics
Arizona College prepares students to work in the 'real world' of medicine. With the use of lecture and laboratory teaching, we provide our students with hands on experience.
- Medical Assisting
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
X-Ray Technician Campuses In Arizona
|Apollo College||2701 W Bethany Home|
Phoenix, Az 85017
|Arizona Western College||P.O. Box 929|
Yuma, AZ, 85366-0929
|GateWay Community College||108 North 40th Street|
Phoenix, AZ, 85034
|Pima Medical Institute - Mesa||957 S. Dobson Rd.|
Mesa, AZ 85202
|Pima Medical Institute - Tucson||3350 E. Grant Rd. #200|
Tucson, AZ 85716