How to Get Certified in West VirginiaTo become certified as a West Virginia x-ray technician, a license must be obtained from the West Virginia Medical Imaging and Radiation Therapy Technology Board of Examiners. To first earn the license, a fee of $100 must be paid. The license will need to be renewed annually and costs $65. Before an individual is eligible to apply for a license, they must successfully complete an accredited radiology technician program and pass the West Virginia state exam administered by AART. If an individual has successfully passed the exam, the state exam does not need to be taken. There is also a requirement of 24 hours of continuing education each year to maintain the license.
Salaries For Certified X-Ray Technicians In West VirginiaThe annual pay rate for a certified x-ray technician in West Virginia is based on a variety of factors. These factors include the location of employment, the amount of education successfully completed and the number of years that an x-ray tech has been in the field. Those who are new to this career can expect to earn somewhere between $35,686 and $50,736, with a median salary expectancy of $42,762. The mid-range earned income is between $36,889 and $52,475, with a median salary expectancy of $44,202. The higher level of income is from $39,302 to $55,876, with a median salary expectancy of $47,093. As a technician gains experience and increases education, their yearly salary will rise.
Job Outlook For X-Ray Technicians In West VirginiaLicensed x-ray technicians in West Virginia have a very good job market outlook. New graduates can easily get a position that is entry-level, and many of these spots are in hospitals and doctors’ offices. The job openings are expected to grow by close to 30 percent over the next 10 years, which is double the average rate for all other occupations on average. The salary is good in comparison to like careers and education levels, which makes a career as an x-ray technician a solid field to work in.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Health Information Management
- Medical Assisting
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
Regis is a leading Catholic university in greater Boston with undergraduate, graduate and doctoral students in the arts, sciences and health professions devoted to engage, serve and advance in a global community. Founded in 1927, and as a leader in education, Regis is dedicated to offering programs with a holistic view of health care that are designed for the future of the field.
Located just steps from the U.S. Capital, the George Washington University is uniquely positioned at the core of U.S. government, policy and law. GW students and faculty benefit from an unparalleled opportunity to study and work alongside leaders in every discipline. Whether on campus or online, you too can take part in the interchanges that shape our community and the world.
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
X-Ray Technician Campuses In West Virginia
|Bluefield State College||219 Rock Street|
Bluefield, WV, 24701
|Mountain State University||Box 9003|
Beckley, WV, 25802-9003
|Ohio Valley Medical Center, Inc.||2000 Eoff Street|
Wheeling, WV, 26003
|Southern West Virginia Community and Technical College||P.O. Box 2900 Dempsey Branch Road|
Mount Gay, WV, 25637
|St. Mary's Medical Center School for Medical Imaging||2900 First Avenue|
Huntington, WV, 25702
|United Hospital Center||#3 Hospital Plaza P.O. Box 1680|
Route 19 South
Clarksburg, WV, 26302-1680
|University of Charleston||2300 MacCorkle Avenue, S.E.|
Charleston, WV, 25304
|West Virginia University Hospitals, Inc.||Box 8062|
Morgantown, WV, 26506
|Wheeling Hospital||1 Medical Park|
Wheeling, WV, 26003-0668