How to Get Certified in WashingtonX-ray techs are required by the Washington State Department of Health to be certified so they can work in the state. The state requires applicants to graduate from an accredited radiologic technology program. To apply, a person must provide a complete work history, proof of certification in another state if they have worked in another state, and a personal statement discussing the person’s mental and physical health as well as any prior suspensions and felony convictions. The state of Washington does not require continuing education to renew the license. Most X-ray techs are certified by the American Registry of X-Ray Technicians.
Salaries for X-Ray Technicians in WashingtonThe average salary range for an X-ray technician in Washington state is between $59,000 and $62,670 a year. X-ray technician job postings in Washington have an average annual salary that is about 5% lower than the nation’s average. As the X-ray tech’s number of years of experience goes up, their salary is likely to rise. Salaries in rural areas are likely to be lower than salaries in the cities. For example, in 2012, the average salary per year for X-ray techs in the Seattle metro area was $69,160, while in the area of the much smaller cities of Bremerton and Silverdale, it was $53,860.
Job Outlook For X-Ray Technicians In WashingtonThe number of X-Ray technicians employed in Washington is about 4,300. Demand for X-ray technicians has stayed pretty stable during the past few years. The Bureau of Labor Statistics in the United States Department of Labor projects that from 2012 to 2022 the amount of X-Ray tech positions will grow 21% across the country, which is faster than the overall average. An aging population with an increasing number of medical conditions is a contributing factor to this projected job growth for X-ray techs. The projected job growth for the decade after 2010 for Washington X-ray techs is 20%, which is roughly the same as the national growth outlook for X-ray technicians.
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Earn your Bachelor of Science of Healthcare Management degree online
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Program focuses on the business, management, and healthcare skills necessary for healthcare organizations to run smoothly
- Courses include Principles of Management, Healthcare Delivery and Organization, and Healthcare Finance
Logan is a non-profit university founded in 1935. Logan University has remained grounded in chiropractic education, while continuously enriching academic options with degree offerings in health sciences since 2012.
X-Ray Technician Campuses In Washington
|Apollo College-Spokane/U.S. Education Corporation||10102 East Knox Road, Suite 200|
Spokane, WA, 99206
|Bellevue Community College||3000 Landerholm Circle, S.E. B-243|
Bellevue, WA, 98007-6484
|Pima Medical Institute-Seattle||9709 3rd Avenue NE, 4th Floor|
Seattle, WA, 98115
|Spokane Community College||1810 North Greene Street; MS 2090|
Spokane, WA, 99217-5399
|Tacoma Community College||6501 S. 19th Street - Bldg. 19|
Tacoma, WA, 98466