Radiation Therapy at University of Vermont in Burlington, Bachelor of Science – This four year program introduces students to radiographic anatomy and imaging techniques, including computerized tomography, magnetic resonance imaging, and ultrasound, and methods of diagnosing and treating various types of cancer. Graduates will be competent to function as entry-level radiation therapists. The program includes a clinical internship and allows students to acquire certification by sitting for an exam with the American Registry of X-Ray Technicians.
Radiography at Champlain College in Burlington, Associate of Science – This two year program prepares students to pass the American Registry of X-Ray Technicians exam and mixes classroom with clinical experience.
Radiography at Southern Vermont College in Burlington, Bachelor of Radiologic Science – This four year program prepares student for using radiation as a diagnostic tool. It enhances entry-level education and supports multiple post-primary specialty certifications as well as prepares students to transition to management in advanced clinical practice.
How to Get Certified in VermontAll radiologic technicians must become licensed through the Vermont Office of Professional Regulation. To be eligible for licensing, x ray techs must have graduated from an accredited radiology program and must either pass an exam given by the Vermont Board of Radiologic Technology or become certified through the American Registry of Raiologic Technologists. Licenses must be renewed every two years and continuing education is required.
Salaries For Certified X-Ray Technicians In VermontThe average salary for an X Ray tech in Vermont is $33,000 per year. The Bureau of Labor Statistics reports an annual mean wage of $57,380 (the mean wage is the wage at which half the workers make more than that amount and half make less). Northern Vermont has a slightly higher mean wage than Southern Vermont. Salaries for X ray techs are highest in general medical and surgical hospitals, followed by physician offices, medical and diagnostic laboratories, and outpatient care centers. The Bureau of Labor Statistics is forecasting above average job growth for X Ray techs nationwide from 2012 to 2022.
Job Outlook For X-Ray Technicians In VermontStudents looking to become CAT scan technicians usually enter an education program in radiologic technology. Many are first licensed or certified radiologic technologists who have the required work experience to meet certification standards. Formal education must be completed prior to the certification exam which is available from the ARRT. All CAT scan technicians must also become licensed through the Vermont Office of Professional Regulation. Vermont offers three radiologic programs: University of Vermont, Champlain College, and Southern Vermont College.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Health Information Management
- Medical Assisting
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
Regis is a leading Catholic university in greater Boston with undergraduate, graduate and doctoral students in the arts, sciences and health professions devoted to engage, serve and advance in a global community. Founded in 1927, and as a leader in education, Regis is dedicated to offering programs with a holistic view of health care that are designed for the future of the field.
Located just steps from the U.S. Capital, the George Washington University is uniquely positioned at the core of U.S. government, policy and law. GW students and faculty benefit from an unparalleled opportunity to study and work alongside leaders in every discipline. Whether on campus or online, you too can take part in the interchanges that shape our community and the world.
- Current RNs can choose from RN to BSN or RN to MSN online programs
- RN-to-BSN program offers courses in Illness and Disease Management, Principles of Assessment, and Holistic Professional Nursing
- RN to MSN specializations include Family Nurse Practitioner, Adult-Gerontology and more
- Courses help develop students’ assessment, patient care, and community outreach skills
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
X-Ray Technician Campuses In Vermont
|Champlain College||163 S. Willard St. P.O. Box 670|
Burlington, VT, 05402-0670
|Southern Vermont College||982 Mansion Drive|
Bennington, VT, 05201-6002