Radiation Therapy at University of Vermont in Burlington, Bachelor of Science – This four year program introduces students to radiographic anatomy and imaging techniques, including computerized tomography, magnetic resonance imaging, and ultrasound, and methods of diagnosing and treating various types of cancer. Graduates will be competent to function as entry-level radiation therapists. The program includes a clinical internship and allows students to acquire certification by sitting for an exam with the American Registry of X-Ray Technicians.
Radiography at Champlain College in Burlington, Associate of Science – This two year program prepares students to pass the American Registry of X-Ray Technicians exam and mixes classroom with clinical experience.
Radiography at Southern Vermont College in Burlington, Bachelor of Radiologic Science – This four year program prepares student for using radiation as a diagnostic tool. It enhances entry-level education and supports multiple post-primary specialty certifications as well as prepares students to transition to management in advanced clinical practice.
How to Get Certified in VermontAll radiologic technicians must become licensed through the Vermont Office of Professional Regulation. To be eligible for licensing, x ray techs must have graduated from an accredited radiology program and must either pass an exam given by the Vermont Board of Radiologic Technology or become certified through the American Registry of Raiologic Technologists. Licenses must be renewed every two years and continuing education is required.
Salaries For Certified X-Ray Technicians In VermontThe average salary for an X Ray tech in Vermont is $33,000 per year. The Bureau of Labor Statistics reports an annual mean wage of $57,380 (the mean wage is the wage at which half the workers make more than that amount and half make less). Northern Vermont has a slightly higher mean wage than Southern Vermont. Salaries for X ray techs are highest in general medical and surgical hospitals, followed by physician offices, medical and diagnostic laboratories, and outpatient care centers. The Bureau of Labor Statistics is forecasting above average job growth for X Ray techs nationwide from 2012 to 2022.
Job Outlook For X-Ray Technicians In VermontStudents looking to become CAT scan technicians usually enter an education program in radiologic technology. Many are first licensed or certified radiologic technologists who have the required work experience to meet certification standards. Formal education must be completed prior to the certification exam which is available from the ARRT. All CAT scan technicians must also become licensed through the Vermont Office of Professional Regulation. Vermont offers three radiologic programs: University of Vermont, Champlain College, and Southern Vermont College.
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Health Information Management
- Medical Assisting
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Master of Science in Healthcare Informatics
- Clinical Medical Assistant-CERT
Logan is a non-profit university founded in 1935. Logan University has remained grounded in chiropractic education, while continuously enriching academic options with degree offerings in health sciences since 2012.
- Master of Science - Health Informatics
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Do you aspire to fulfill an evolving healthcare role as a highly-qualified nursing professional? GCU is the place for you.
- RNs, pursue your BSN or MSN conveniently online, backed by the legacy of GCU's traditional campus.
- GCU's bachelor's and master's programs prepare students to fill roles in direct care, management, health education and administrative disciplines.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at GCU are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Develop with hands-on practice, online and lab simulations and in depth peer discussions exploring best practices.
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
X-Ray Technician Campuses In Vermont
|Champlain College||163 S. Willard St. P.O. Box 670|
Burlington, VT, 05402-0670
|Southern Vermont College||982 Mansion Drive|
Bennington, VT, 05201-6002