How to Get Certified in TennesseeX-ray techs in this state must be licensed by the Tennessee Board of Medical Examiners. They must be certified by the American Registry of X-Ray Technicians by passing their exam. They must also have graduated from an accredited radiology program and then apply for a license. To maintain the Tennessee license, X-ray techs must get 20 continuing education credits. To renew the ARRT certification, people must complete 24 continuing education credits every two years. The credits can overlap for both certifications.
Salaries for X-Ray Technicians in TennesseeX-ray technicians generally have an average salary between $49,060 and $59,000 per year in the state of Tennessee. The average salary listed on X-ray technician job listings in Tennessee is only 6% lower than the nationwide average. As a X-ray technician’s number of years of experience increases, their salary will likely also increase. In metro areas, the salaries are usually higher, while in rural areas, they are usually lower. In Knoxville, the average annual salary for X-ray technicians was $50,750 in 2012. In the smaller city of Jackson on the other hand, it was $42,190 the same year.
Job Outlook For X-Ray Technicians In TennesseeThe number of X-Ray technicians employed in Tennessee is between 5,600 and 5,950. Demand for X-ray techs has remained fairly steady recently. The Bureau of Labor Statistics, part of the U.S. Department of Labor, estimates the national amount of X-Ray technician jobs will increase 21% between 2012 and 2022, which is faster than the average outlook for all occupations. X-ray techs are expected to be in more demand due to the aging population’s increase in medical issues, including ones requiring X-rays to diagnose. Tennessee’s projected job growth for X-ray techs is 6% between 2010 and 2020, much slower than national projections for job growth in the field.
At South College we welcome students from all different stages of life and career. Whether you are pursing a degree for the first time, going back to school as an adult learner, or furthering your career with an advanced degree, our faculty and staff will partner with you to give your dreams direction.
- AAS Radiologic Technology
- BS Radiological Sciences
- CERT Magnetic Resonance Imaging
- And more...
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Radiologic Technology
- Cardiovascular Technology
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Health Information Management
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
X-Ray Technician Campuses In Tennessee
|Baptist College of Health Sciences||1003 Monroe|
Memphis, TN, 38104
|hattanooga State Technical Community College||4501 Amnicola Highway|
Chattanooga, TN, 37406
|Columbia State Community College||1665 Hampshire Pike|
Columbia, TN, 38401
|East Tennessee State University||Nave Center, 1000 Jason Witten Way|
Elizabethton, TN, 37643
|Jackson State Community College||2046 North Parkway|
Jackson, TN, 38301-3797
|MedVance Institute-Cookeville/KIMC Investments, Inc.||1025 Highway 111|
Cookeville, TN, 38501
|Methodist University/Methodist Healthcare||1265 Union Avenue|
Memphis, TN, 38104
|Nashville General Hospital||1818 Albion Street|
Nashville, TN, 37208
|Roane State Community College||701 Briarcliff Avenue|
Oak Ridge, TN, 37830
|South College||3904 Lonas Drive|
Knoxville, TN, 37909
|Southwest Tennessee Community College||P.O. Box 780|
Memphis, TN, 38101-0780
|University of Tennessee Medical Center at Knoxville||1924 Alcoa Highway|
Knoxville, TN, 37920-6999
|Vanderbilt Center for Radiation Oncology||1301 22nd Ave. South B-902 TVC|
Nashville, TN, 37232-5671
|Volunteer State Community College||1480 Nashville Pike|
Gallatin, TN, 37066-3188