Find Accredited X-Ray Technician Schools in South DakotaAll one needs to do to become an x-ray technologist in South Dakota is meet the minimum training requirements as listed below. However, this may be different in other states, which require completing a training program accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT). There are approximately six JRCERT-accredited schools in South Dakota, according to the American Registry of X-Ray Technicians (ARRT) and the American Society of X-Ray Technicians (ASRT).
Radiologic technology programs, which typically offer certificates, associate degrees or bachelor’s degree, include a blended curriculum of medical classes, lab studies and clinical internships. To be successful in the program, the student is usually required to perform a designated number of radiologic procedures both supervised and unsupervised.
How To Get Certified in South DakotaRadiology technologists working in South Dakota are not required to be licensed or certified, according to the ASRT. However, before the individual can operate radiation equipment and perform x-ray procedures, he or she must have at least 24 hours of training by a qualified instructor.
Dental radiographers must have at least 16 hours of training. Radiology techs may choose to obtain voluntary certification through the ARRT. To be eligible for certification, the candidate must complete a JRCERT-accredited program in radiologic technology and pass a national certification exam.
Salaries for X-Ray Technicians in South DakotaThe U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) reported that X-ray technologists working in South Dakota earned a mean annual wage of $46,250 as of May 2013, which was substantially lower than the national average of $56,760. Wages can vary from city to city.
X-ray technologists working in Pierre earned an average annual salary of $39,747 as of a July 2014 Salary.com report while those in Rapid City earned $46,577 and those in Sioux Falls earned $39,823. Other factors that can affect salary are level of training, work experience and place of employment.
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Health Information Management
- Medical Assisting
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- A.A.S. Emergency Medical Services
- Emergency Medical Services B.S.
- Health Information Technology
- And more...
- Master of Science in Healthcare Informatics
Logan is a non-profit university founded in 1935. Logan University has remained grounded in chiropractic education, while continuously enriching academic options with degree offerings in health sciences since 2012.
- Master of Science - Health Informatics
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
ORU offers students Whole Person Education with the convenience of online learning. Minimize the barriers to completing your distance education by enrolling at one of the USA's Top 30 Online Colleges.
Some of the Whole Person Online Education Benefits include: Flexible and Relevant Academic Programs, Exceptional Faculty, Supportive, Christ-centered Community and Promoting Physical Health.
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
X-Ray Technician Campuses In South Dakota
|Avera McKennan Hospital||P.O. Box 5045|
Sioux Falls, SD, 57117-5045
|Avera Sacred Heart Hospital||501 Summit|
Yankton, SD, 57078-9967
|Mitchell Technical Institute||821 North Capital|
Mitchell, SD, 57301
|Presentation College||1500 North Main Street|
Aberdeen, SD, 57401
|Rapid City Regional Hospital||353 Fairmont Boulevard P.O. Box 6000|
Rapid City, SD, 57709-6000
|Sanford Medical Center||305 West 18th Street|
P.O. Box 5039
Sioux Falls, SD, 57117-5039