Find Accredited X-Ray Technician Schools in South DakotaAll one needs to do to become an x-ray technologist in South Dakota is meet the minimum training requirements as listed below. However, this may be different in other states, which require completing a training program accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT). There are approximately six JRCERT-accredited schools in South Dakota, according to the American Registry of X-Ray Technicians (ARRT) and the American Society of X-Ray Technicians (ASRT).
Radiologic technology programs, which typically offer certificates, associate degrees or bachelor’s degree, include a blended curriculum of medical classes, lab studies and clinical internships. To be successful in the program, the student is usually required to perform a designated number of radiologic procedures both supervised and unsupervised.
How To Get Certified in South DakotaRadiology technologists working in South Dakota are not required to be licensed or certified, according to the ASRT. However, before the individual can operate radiation equipment and perform x-ray procedures, he or she must have at least 24 hours of training by a qualified instructor.
Dental radiographers must have at least 16 hours of training. Radiology techs may choose to obtain voluntary certification through the ARRT. To be eligible for certification, the candidate must complete a JRCERT-accredited program in radiologic technology and pass a national certification exam.
Salaries for X-Ray Technicians in South DakotaThe U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) reported that X-ray technologists working in South Dakota earned a mean annual wage of $46,250 as of May 2013, which was substantially lower than the national average of $56,760. Wages can vary from city to city.
X-ray technologists working in Pierre earned an average annual salary of $39,747 as of a July 2014 Salary.com report while those in Rapid City earned $46,577 and those in Sioux Falls earned $39,823. Other factors that can affect salary are level of training, work experience and place of employment.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Health Information Management
- Medical Assisting
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
Regis is a leading Catholic university in greater Boston with undergraduate, graduate and doctoral students in the arts, sciences and health professions devoted to engage, serve and advance in a global community. Founded in 1927, and as a leader in education, Regis is dedicated to offering programs with a holistic view of health care that are designed for the future of the field.
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
Located just steps from the U.S. Capital, the George Washington University is uniquely positioned at the core of U.S. government, policy and law. GW students and faculty benefit from an unparalleled opportunity to study and work alongside leaders in every discipline. Whether on campus or online, you too can take part in the interchanges that shape our community and the world.
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- Specialized bachelor’s and master’s degrees that let you take more courses devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- 4 out of 5 employers of an AIU business graduate say they would hire another AIU business graduate
- Classes taught by industry specialists who bring a real-world perspective to the classroom
- Business administration programs are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) with the exception of Technology Management and Fashion Marketing specializations
- MBA degrees can be completed in as little as 12 months
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
X-Ray Technician Campuses In South Dakota
|Avera McKennan Hospital||P.O. Box 5045|
Sioux Falls, SD, 57117-5045
|Avera Sacred Heart Hospital||501 Summit|
Yankton, SD, 57078-9967
|Mitchell Technical Institute||821 North Capital|
Mitchell, SD, 57301
|Presentation College||1500 North Main Street|
Aberdeen, SD, 57401
|Rapid City Regional Hospital||353 Fairmont Boulevard P.O. Box 6000|
Rapid City, SD, 57709-6000
|Sanford Medical Center||305 West 18th Street|
P.O. Box 5039
Sioux Falls, SD, 57117-5039