Finding X-Ray Technician Schools in CarolinaIf you have always wanted to work as an xray technologist, you may find information about radiological technician programs through your high school counselor or vocational advisor. If you decide to pursue this career after graduating from high school or as a second career you can locate your state’s xray tech colleges and programs in the phone book, online, or from others working in the same field.
X-Ray Technician Education in South CarolinaWhile most radiological technicians enter the field after completing a certificate program or an Associate degree, some go on to earn Bachelors degrees. Most states require technicians complete an accredited program, then apply for state and/or national certification.
How To Get Certified in South CarolinaThe South Carolina Radiation Quality Standards Association provides certification for all individuals trained to use ionizing radiation as an aspect of patient care. You can obtain a limit radiographer’s license by successfully completing a two year training program and submitting an application with a $50.00 payment along with a letter from your training program’s director confirming your having passed all competency levels.
You cannot work unless you are certified or have renewed your certificate. All xray technicians must complete continuing education credits (CE) and submit a new application every 2 years.
Salaries for X-Ray Technicians in South CarolinaThe demand for magnetic resonance imaging and xray technicians was projected to rise 21 percent between 2012 and 2022. In 2012 the average wage for U.S. radiological technicians was $54,620, with the lowest paid technologists earning $37, 060 and the highest paid technicians earning over $77,160. South Carolina’s technicians’ wages average $56,000.
Technicians once worked in hospitals, but as access to health insurance expands and outpatient care increases, more xray technicians will work in doctors’ offices and free standing, ambulatory care facilities.
If you want a job involving computerized tasks, advanced diagnostic tools, and contact with a variety of people, enrolling at your local technical or community college may be your first step
At South College we welcome students from all different stages of life and career. Whether you are pursing a degree for the first time, going back to school as an adult learner, or furthering your career with an advanced degree, our faculty and staff will partner with you to give your dreams direction.
- AAS Radiologic Technology
- BS Radiological Sciences
- CERT Magnetic Resonance Imaging
- And more...
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Health Information Management
- Medical Assisting
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
The goal of Virginia College lies in its responsibility to its students, the technical and business communities, and the general citizenry. We have a long history of offering new direction to students.
- Surgical Technology
- Pharmacy Technician Diploma
- Pharmacy Technician Certificate
- And more...
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Gain Knowledge and Skills While You Earn Your Nursing Degree at Fortis!
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
What Are You Waiting For?
- Nursing Degree Programs from Grand Canyon University's College of Nursing & Health Care Professions
- Degree Variety: GCU offers a full-spectrum of nursing programs including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, as well as post-master’s certificates.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at Grand Canyon University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu-accreditation).
- GCU provides a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients: physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Depending on the degree you choose, you could take online, evening, or on-campus classes. Speak with an enrollment counselor to discuss your options!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
X-Ray Technician Campuses In South Carolina
|Aiken Technical College||P.O. Drawer 696|
Aiken, SC, 29802-0696
|AnMed Health Medical Center||800 North Fant Street|
Anderson, SC, 29621
|Florence-Darlington Technical College||P.O. Box 100548|
Florence, SC, 29501-0548
|Greenville Technical College||506 S. Pleasantburg Drive|
Greenville, SC, 29607
|Horry-Georgetown Technical College||2050 Highway 501 East PO Box 261966|
Conway, SC, 29528-6066
|Midlands Technical College||P.O. Box 2408|
Columbia, SC, 29202
|Midlands Technical College West Columbia, SC||316 S Beltline Blvd, Columbia, SC 29205||midlandstech.edu|
|Orangeburg Calhoun Technical College Orangeburg, SC||3250 St Matthews Rd, Orangeburg, SC 29118||octech.edu|
|Piedmont Technical College||Drawer 1467|
Greenwood, SC, 29648
|Spartanburg Community College Spartanburg, SC||107 Community College Drive, Spartanburg, SC 29303||sccsc.edu|
|Technical College of the Lowcountry||P.O. Box 1288|
Beaufort, SC, 29901
|Trident Technical College||P.O. Box 118067|
Charleston, SC, 29423-8067
|York Technical College||452 South Anderson Road|
Rock Hill, SC, 29730