How To Get Certified in Rhode IslandThe state of Rhode Island requires practicing x-ray technicians to be licensed. To obtain this license, first a student must successfully complete an accredited program. Then the student will be eligible to take a certification exam from the American Registry of X-Ray Technicians (ARRT), the Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board (NMTCB), or the Certification Board for Radiology Practitioner Assistants (CBRPA). Once certified, the individual can then apply to the Department of Health, submitting the appropriate fees. The license needs to be renewed every two years, along with 24 hours of continuing education credits, two of which must be in radiation protection.
Salaries For Certified X-Ray Technicians In Rhode IslandPracticing x-ray technicians in Rhode Island can expect to earn a salary in one of the following ranges. The low end of the pay scale is from $44,636 to $63,459, with a median salary of $53,484. The middle range falls somewhere between $45,113 to $64,138, with a median salary of $54,057. The higher end of the pay scale is from $48,256 to $67,957, with a median salary of $57,544. There are multiple factors that influence the salary of a technician, including equipment training, educational achievement, prior work experience and whether employment is in a rural or urban area.
Job Outlook For X-Ray Technicians In Rhode IslandThe job outlook for x-ray technicians in Rhode Island is good. It is expected to continue in an upward growth trend, with the demand for certified technicians increasing. Jobs are found in dental offices, physician offices, hospitals, labs and chiropractic offices. Newly licensed x-ray techs are likely to find employment that will allow them to achieve advancement as they gain experience and additional education. The projected increase in job availability in Rhode Island through 2016 is 12 percent.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Health Information Management
- Medical Assisting
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
Get hands-on training with Ridley-Lowell Business & Technical Institute. Our campuses in New York and Connecticut can help give you career training in a wide variety of fields, including accounting, cosmetology, criminal justice, electrical systems technology, HVAC, IT, legal assisting, massage therapy, allied health, office administration, and more.
- Medical Assistant - Day
- Medical Assistant - Eve
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
Regis is a leading Catholic university in greater Boston with undergraduate, graduate and doctoral students in the arts, sciences and health professions devoted to engage, serve and advance in a global community. Founded in 1927, and as a leader in education, Regis is dedicated to offering programs with a holistic view of health care that are designed for the future of the field.
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
What Are You Waiting For?
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
X-Ray Technician Campuses In Rhode Island
|Community College of Rhode Island||1762 Louisquisset Pike|
Lincoln, RI, 02865-4585
|Rhode Island Hospital||3 Davol Square|
Building A - 4th Floor
Providence, RI, 02903