How To Get Certified in Rhode IslandThe state of Rhode Island requires practicing x-ray technicians to be licensed. To obtain this license, first a student must successfully complete an accredited program. Then the student will be eligible to take a certification exam from the American Registry of X-Ray Technicians (ARRT), the Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board (NMTCB), or the Certification Board for Radiology Practitioner Assistants (CBRPA). Once certified, the individual can then apply to the Department of Health, submitting the appropriate fees. The license needs to be renewed every two years, along with 24 hours of continuing education credits, two of which must be in radiation protection.
Salaries For Certified X-Ray Technicians In Rhode IslandPracticing x-ray technicians in Rhode Island can expect to earn a salary in one of the following ranges. The low end of the pay scale is from $44,636 to $63,459, with a median salary of $53,484. The middle range falls somewhere between $45,113 to $64,138, with a median salary of $54,057. The higher end of the pay scale is from $48,256 to $67,957, with a median salary of $57,544. There are multiple factors that influence the salary of a technician, including equipment training, educational achievement, prior work experience and whether employment is in a rural or urban area.
Job Outlook For X-Ray Technicians In Rhode IslandThe job outlook for x-ray technicians in Rhode Island is good. It is expected to continue in an upward growth trend, with the demand for certified technicians increasing. Jobs are found in dental offices, physician offices, hospitals, labs and chiropractic offices. Newly licensed x-ray techs are likely to find employment that will allow them to achieve advancement as they gain experience and additional education. The projected increase in job availability in Rhode Island through 2016 is 12 percent.
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Health Information Management
- Medical Assisting
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Get hands-on training with Ridley-Lowell Business & Technical Institute. Our campuses in New York and Connecticut can help give you career training in a wide variety of fields, including accounting, cosmetology, criminal justice, electrical systems technology, HVAC, IT, legal assisting, massage therapy, allied health, office administration, and more.
- Medical Assistant - Day
- Medical Assistant - Eve
- Master of Science in Healthcare Informatics
New England Institute of Technology is a private, non-profit, co-educational technical university offering over 50 Associate in Science, Bachelor of Science and Master of Science degree programs. As a leader in technical career education in southern New England, New England Institute of Technology (also known as New England Tech or NEIT) is committed to providing hands-on technological programs that prepare graduates for positions of leadership in the technical, industrial, business, and allied health communities. Most of our associate degree programs can be completed in as little as 18 months, and bachelor’s degree programs in as little as three years. Last year, over 3,000 students chose New England Tech for the hands-on laboratory and classroom training that provides the necessary skills to begin their technical careers.
- AS - Surgical Technology
- AS - Clinical Medical Assistant
Logan is a non-profit university founded in 1935. Logan University has remained grounded in chiropractic education, while continuously enriching academic options with degree offerings in health sciences since 2012.
- Master of Science - Health Informatics
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
X-Ray Technician Campuses In Rhode Island
|Community College of Rhode Island||1762 Louisquisset Pike|
Lincoln, RI, 02865-4585
|Rhode Island Hospital||3 Davol Square|
Building A - 4th Floor
Providence, RI, 02903