How To Get Certified in OhioX-ray technicians in Ohio have to apply to get licensed by the Ohio Department of Health. The department offers four different types of licenses, which are radiation therapist, nuclear medicine technologist, general X-ray operator, and radiographer. People just pass the American Registry of X-Ray Technicians’ exam and pay an initial fee of $65 to be licensed. Nuclear medicine technologist must take a different exam. To renew their licenses, X-ray technicians must pay a $45 fee and complete 12 credits of continuing education.
Salaries for Certified X-Ray Techs in OhioIn Ohio, the average salary for an X-ray technician is between $50,170 and $59,000 a year. Job postings for X-ray techs in Ohio are on average 5% lower than the national average. As an X-ray tech gets more years of experience on the job, their salary will likely increase. X-ray techs’ salaries are usually higher in metro areas and lower in rural areas. In the capital city of Columbus, X-ray techs had an average annual salary of $52,110 in 2012. The same year in the Canton-Massillon area, they had an average annual salary of $44,680.
Job Outlook For X-Ray Technicians In OhioAbout 8,620 to 10,070 X-ray technicians are employed in Ohio. The demand for X-ray techs has stayed strong over the past few years. With 225 hospitals in the state, there are lots of employment opportunities for X-ray techs in Ohio. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, which is part of the U.S. Department of Labor, the projected job growth for X-ray techs nationally is 21% in the decade leading up to 2022. A big factor in this projection is that the population is aging, which leads to an increasing number of medical issues that must be treated. In the decade ending in 2018, the number of X-ray tech jobs in Ohio is expected to increase by 11.5%.
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assisting with Basic X-Ray Operation
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Earn your Bachelor of Science of Healthcare Management degree online
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Program focuses on the business, management, and healthcare skills necessary for healthcare organizations to run smoothly
- Courses include Principles of Management, Healthcare Delivery and Organization, and Healthcare Finance
X-Ray Technician Campuses In Ohio
|Arthur G. James Cancer Hospital and Richard J. Solove Research Institute||300 West 10th Avenue|
Columbus, OH, 43210
|Aultman Hospital||2600 Sixth Street, S.W.|
Canton, OH, 44710
|Central Ohio Technical College||1179 University Drive|
Newark, OH, 43055-1767
|Children's Hospital Medical Center of Akron||One Perkins Square|
Akron, OH, 44308
|Cleveland Clinic Foundation||9500 Euclid Avenue (T28)|
Cleveland, OH, 44195
|Columbus State Community College||550 East Spring Street|
Columbus, OH, 43215
|Collins Career Center||11627 State Route 243|
Chesapeake, OH, 45619
|Euclid Hospital/Cleveland Clinic Health System||18901 Lakeshore Boulevard|
Euclid, OH, 44119
|James A. Rhodes State College||4240 Campus Drive|
Lima, OH, 45804-3597
|Jefferson Community College||4000 Sunset Boulevard|
Steubenville, OH, 43952-3598
|Kent State University (Salem Campus)||2491 State Route 45, South|
Salem, OH, 44460-9412
|Kettering College of Medical Arts||3737 Southern Boulevard|
Kettering, OH, 45429
|Lakeland Community College||7700 Clocktower Drive|
Kirtland, OH, 44094-5198
|Lorain County Community College||1005 North Abbe Road|
Elyria, OH, 44035
|Marion Technical College||1467 Mt. Vernon Avenue|
Marion, OH, 43302-5694
|Mercy College of Northwest Ohio||2221 Madison Avenue|
Toledo, OH, 43624-1132
|Mercy Medical Center||1320 Mercy Drive, N.W.|
Canton, OH, 44708
|North Central State College||2441 Kenwood Circle P.O. Box 698|
Mansfield, OH, 44901-0698
|Owens Community College||P.O. Box 10,000|
Toledo, OH, 43699-1947
|Raymond Walters College of the University of Cincinnati||234 Goodman Street, ML 757|
Cincinnati, OH, 45219-2316
|Shawnee State University||940 Second Street|
Portsmouth, OH, 45662-4344
|University of Rio Grande/ Rio Grande Community College||P.O. Box 500|
Rio Grande, OH, 45674
|Xavier University||3800 Victory Parkway|
Cincinnati, OH, 45207-7332
|Zane State College||1555 Newark Road|
Zanesville, OH, 43701