Find Accredited X-Ray Technician Schools in North DakotaIf you’re aspiring to work as an x-ray technologist in North Dakota, the first thing you’ll want to do is find a college that’s accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT). This is necessary to obtain certification. According to the American Registry of X-Ray Technicians (ARRT), there are only about four accredited x-ray technology schools in North Dakota.
Although there are only four radiologic technology schools in North Dakota, they do offer certificates or degrees. To be success in the program, the student must complete radiology and medical classes, laboratory courses and complete a supervised internship to obtain hands-on training. The clinical portion is a huge part of the x-ray technologist program.
How To Get Certified in North DakotaNorth Dakota requires that any radiology technologist who is performing general diagnostic radiography procedures must be certified through the ARRT. To obtain ARRT-certification, one must pass a certification exam administered through the ARRT. To be eligible to take the certification exam, the candidate must meet the ARRT ethics requirements and must have completed a JRCERT-accredited training program.
To maintain certification, the technologist must complete 24 hours of continuing education every two years. To work as a Limited X-Ray Machine Operator (LXMO) and perform only limited exams in certain parts of the anatomy, one must only get a passing grade on a radiology course. While there is no certification or exam required, the LXMO must complete 12 hours of continuing education every two years to continue working in this capacity.
Salaries for X-Ray Technicians in North DakotaX-ray technologists working in North Dakota earn a variety of salaries, depending on the city, their level of training, years of experience and where they’re employed. According to a July 2014 Salary.com report, x-ray technologists earned an average annual wage of $36,119 in both Minot and Dickenson; $39,267 in Grand Forks; $48,355 in West Fargo and $46,337 in Bismarck. As of May 2013, there were about 450 x-ray technologists employed in North Dakota, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Health Information Management
- Medical Assisting
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Master of Science in Healthcare Informatics
Logan is a non-profit university founded in 1935. Logan University has remained grounded in chiropractic education, while continuously enriching academic options with degree offerings in health sciences since 2012.
- Master of Science - Health Informatics
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Do you aspire to fulfill an evolving healthcare role as a highly-qualified nursing professional? GCU is the place for you.
- RNs, pursue your BSN or MSN conveniently online, backed by the legacy of GCU's traditional campus.
- GCU's bachelor's and master's programs prepare students to fill roles in direct care, management, health education and administrative disciplines.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at GCU are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Develop with hands-on practice, online and lab simulations and in depth peer discussions exploring best practices.
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
ORU offers students Whole Person Education with the convenience of online learning. Minimize the barriers to completing your distance education by enrolling at one of the USA's Top 30 Online Colleges.
Some of the Whole Person Online Education Benefits include: Flexible and Relevant Academic Programs, Exceptional Faculty, Supportive, Christ-centered Community and Promoting Physical Health.
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
X-Ray Technician Campuses In North North Dakota
|Medcenter One||300 North 7th Street|
Bismarck, ND, 58506-5525
|MeritCare Medical Center/MeritCare Health System||801 N Broadway Rt. #714|
Fargo, ND, 58122
|Sanford Bismarck Medical Center – Bismarck, ND||1040 Tacoma Ave, Bismarck, ND 58504||sanfordhealth.org|
|Sanford Medical Center/Sanford Health – Fargo, ND||2603 E Broadway Ave, Bismarck, ND 58501||www.sanfordhealth.org|
|St. Alexius Medical Center/University of Mary – Bismarck, ND||900 E Broadway Ave, Bismarck, ND 58501||st.alexius.org|
|Trinity Hospital/Trinity Health – Minot, ND||1 W Burdick Expy, Minot, ND 58701||trinityhealth.org|