How To Get Certified in North CarolinaNorth Carolina is one of the states that does not require certification for an x-ray technician. However, most employers prefer to hire those who have achieved a license through the American Registry of X-Ray Technicians (ARRT). To obtain this license, a person must first successfully complete an accredited program. Beginning in 2015, a minimum of an associate’s degree will be required to sit for the exam. There are also ethical requirements that must be met, including being of good character and disclosing any previous law convictions. The license must be renewed every two years.
Salaries For Certified X-Ray Technicians In North CarolinaAnnual salaries for x-ray technicians vary widely, depending on factors such as amount of education, years and type of experience and the location of the employer. As an individual gains experience, the pay rate will go up. The salary ranges for North Carolina are generally as follows: Those who are newly entering the field will earn from $44,401 to $61,460, with a median salary of $ 52,821. A middle range falls into the range of $47,003 to $65,062, with a median salary of $55,917. Those who are highest on the pay scale will earn between $51,318 and $71,035, with a median salary of $61,050.
Job Outlook For X-Ray Technicians In North CarolinaThe job market outlook for x-ray technicians in North Carolina is very good. According to projections from the Department of Labor, new jobs are expected to increase about 25 percent over a ten-year period. Most of these positions are in hospitals and doctors’ offices, though there are jobs in labs and other facilities as well. Overall, those who obtain licensure and pursue continuing education are very likely to find an entry-level position relatively quickly.
At South College we welcome students from all different stages of life and career. Whether you are pursing a degree for the first time, going back to school as an adult learner, or furthering your career with an advanced degree, our faculty and staff will partner with you to give your dreams direction.
- AAS Radiologic Technology
- BS Radiological Sciences
- CERT Magnetic Resonance Imaging
- And more...
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
Centura College, with campus locations in Virginia, South Carolina and Florida, is dedicated to helping students gain the skills and attitudes necessary to succeed. Drawing from over 30 years of career school experience.
- Earn your Bachelor of Science of Healthcare Management degree online
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Program focuses on the business, management, and healthcare skills necessary for healthcare organizations to run smoothly
- Courses include Principles of Management, Healthcare Delivery and Organization, and Healthcare Finance
X-Ray Technician Campuses In North Carolina
|Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College||340 Victoria Road|
Asheville, NC, 28801
|Cape Fear Community College||411 North Front Street|
Wilmington, NC, 28401
|Carolinas College of Health Sciences||P.O. Box 32861|
Charlotte, NC, 28232-2861
|Caldwell Community College and Technical Institute||2855 Hickory Boulevard|
Hudson, NC, 28638
|Carteret Community College||3505 Arendell Street|
Morehead City, NC, 28557-2989
|Cleveland Community College||137 South Post Road|
Shelby, NC, 28150
|Edgecombe Community College||225 Tarboro Street|
Rocky Mount, NC, 27801
|Fayetteville Technical Community College||2201 Hull Road|
P.O. Box 35236
|Forsyth Technical Community College||2100 Silas Creek Parkway|
Winston-Salem, NC, 27104
|Johnston Community College||P.O. Box 2350|
Smithfield, NC, 27577-2350
|Lenoir Community College||P.O. Box 188|
Kinston, NC, 28502-0188
|Presbyterian Hospital/Presbyterian Healthcare System||200 Hawthorne Lane P.O. Box 33549|
Charlotte, NC, 28233-3549
|Pitt Community College||P.O. Drawer 7007|
Greenville, NC, 27835-7007
|Rowan-Cabarrus Community College||P.O. Box 1595|
Salisbury, NC, 28145-1595
|South College-Asheville||29 Turtle Creek Drive|
Asheville, NC, 28803
|Southwestern Community College||447 College Drive|
Sylva, NC, 28779
|The Moses H. Cone Memorial Hospital/ Moses Cone Health System||1200 North Elm Street|
Greensboro, NC, 27401-1020
|University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill||Division of Radiologic Sciences|
Bondurant Hall, CB #7130, Suite 3050
|Vance-Granville Community College||P.O. Box 917|
Creedmoor, NC, 27536
|Wake Technical Community College||9101 Fayetteville Road|
Raleigh, NC, 27603-5696
|Wilkes Regional Medical Center||P.O. Box 609|
1508 West D Street
North Wilkesboro, NC, 28659