Finding Accredited X-Ray Technician Schools in New Hampshire
New Hampshire has two schools offering accredited programs for training future X-ray technicians. The first is Lebanon College in Lebanon, New Hampshire. The program includes three clinical rotations at different medical facilities, during which students work 32 to 40 hours a week. Of the two, this school is the more expensive one, but has far fewer students. The next school is the New Hampshire Technical Institute in Concord, New Hampshire. The program lasts 80 credit hours. Students are chosen for the program based on their GPA, personal essays, interviews, and an observation in a radiology department in a local hospital.
How To Get Certified in New HampshireNew Hampshire does not actually require that X-ray techs have a license or register to work in the state. However, most employers expect their prospective X-ray technicians to be certified by either the American Registry of X-Ray Technicians, also know, as the ARRT, or another credentialing body, like the American Registry of Clinical Radiographic Technologists, which is abbreviated ARCRT. To be certified by the ARRT, students must pass their test, which they may apply to up to three months before they graduate the X-ray tech program they are in. X-ray techs must renew their ARRT certification every two years.
Salaries For Certified X-Ray Technicians In New HampshireThe average salary range for an X-ray technician in New Hampshire is between $58,020 and $61,000 a year. The average salary listed on X-ray technician job postings in New Hampshire is only 2% lower than the national average. These salaries are likely to rise as the technician’s years of experience go up. Salaries are likely to be higher in the cities and lower in rural areas. In Manchester, the largest city in New Hampshire, the average annual salary for X-ray techs was $59,250 in 2012, while in the smaller city of Portsmouth, it was $58,000 the same year.
Job Outlook For X-Ray Technicians In New HampshireThe number of X-Ray technicians employed in New Hampshire is between 880 and 1,050. Demand for X-ray techs has remained fairly steady over the past few years. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics projects that the number of X-Ray technician jobs nationally will grow 21% from 2012 to 2022. This is faster than the average for all jobs. This projected growth is due to an aging population that will lead to an increase in medical issues, such as ones that will require X-rays to diagnose. The projected job growth for New Hampshire X-ray techs is 20.2% from 2010 to 2020, which is right in line with the national growth for X-ray technicians.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Health Information Management
- Medical Assisting
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
Regis is a leading Catholic university in greater Boston with undergraduate, graduate and doctoral students in the arts, sciences and health professions devoted to engage, serve and advance in a global community. Founded in 1927, and as a leader in education, Regis is dedicated to offering programs with a holistic view of health care that are designed for the future of the field.
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
Located just steps from the U.S. Capital, the George Washington University is uniquely positioned at the core of U.S. government, policy and law. GW students and faculty benefit from an unparalleled opportunity to study and work alongside leaders in every discipline. Whether on campus or online, you too can take part in the interchanges that shape our community and the world.
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
X-Ray Technician Campuses In New Hampshire
|Lebanon College||15 Hanover Street|
Lebanon, NH, 03766