Finding Accredited X-Ray Technician Schools in NevadaFor an individual who’s interested in becoming a certified x-ray technician in Nevada, the first step is to find a school that offers an accredited program so that the student can earn a degree that will qualify them to take the certification exam. Institutions that offer courses include University of Nevada in Las Vegas; Pima Medical Institute in Las Vegas; Northwest Health Careers in Las Vegas; Great Basin College in Elko; Las Vegas College in Henderson; and College of Southern Nevada in Las Vegas. Some of the courses that students will receive training in include principles of imaging, radiation protection, physics and medical terminology.
How To Get Certified in NevadaNevada is a state that requires a practicing x-ray technician to be licensed and certified. The process starts with earning a degree through an accredited program. Then the student will be eligible to take an exam to become certified by the ARRT, or American Registry of X-Ray Technicians. Then an application can be submitted to the Nevada Bureau of Health Protection Services, along with proof of successful registry with the ARRT. A license needs to be renewed every three years and 15 continuing education credits have to be completed; six must be related to each mammographic modality that is used by the licensee.
Salaries For Certified X-Ray Technicians In NevadaThe lower range of expected annual salary for a certified x-ray tech in the state of Nevada is $42,308 to $60,149, with a median salary of $50,695. The middle range is somewhere between $42,508 and $60,434, with a median salary of $50,935. The highest salary range falls between $44,094 and $62,689, with a median salary of $52,836. Actual pay rate varies and is based on a multitude of factors. These include things such as amount of experience, the type of radiography the technician works with, the level of education achieved and whether employment is in an urban or rural area.
Job Outlook for X-Ray Technicians in NevadaThe overall job market outlook is for a positive growth trend that is expected to continue. Most graduates who earn certification as an x-ray technician in Nevada will be able to find employment quickly and are likely to have good opportunity for career advancement. Many of the available positions continue to be in places like hospitals and medical treatment offices, but other possibilities include chiropractic offices and labs. The projections are that job growth in this field will continue to increase.
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Health Information Management
- Medical Assisting
- Master of Science in Healthcare Informatics
Logan is a non-profit university founded in 1935. Logan University has remained grounded in chiropractic education, while continuously enriching academic options with degree offerings in health sciences since 2012.
- Master of Science - Health Informatics
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
What Are You Waiting For?
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Do you aspire to fulfill an evolving healthcare role as a highly-qualified nursing professional? GCU is the place for you.
- RNs, pursue your BSN or MSN conveniently online, backed by the legacy of GCU's traditional campus.
- GCU's bachelor's and master's programs prepare students to fill roles in direct care, management, health education and administrative disciplines.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at GCU are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Develop with hands-on practice, online and lab simulations and in depth peer discussions exploring best practices.
ORU offers students Whole Person Education with the convenience of online learning. Minimize the barriers to completing your distance education by enrolling at one of the USA's Top 30 Online Colleges.
Some of the Whole Person Online Education Benefits include: Flexible and Relevant Academic Programs, Exceptional Faculty, Supportive, Christ-centered Community and Promoting Physical Health.
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
X-Ray Technician Campuses In Nevada
|College of Southern Nevada||6375 West Charleston Boulevard W1A|
Las Vegas, NV, 89146
|Pima Medical Institute-Las Vegas||3333 East Flamingo Road|
Las Vegas, NV, 89121
|Truckee Meadows Community College||7000 Dandini Boulevard|
Reno, NV, 89512-3999
|University of Nevada, Las Vegas||4505 Maryland Parkway, Box 453017|
Las Vegas, NV, 89154-3017