Find Accredited X-Ray Technician Schools in NebraskaThere are several schools in Nebraska that have accredited x-ray technician training programs. In Omaha, there is the University of Nebraska Medical Center, which offers a Bachelor’s degree in Radiation Science Technology. The Nebraska Methodist College of Nursing and Allied Health in Omaha has the highest graduation rate at 78%, but it also has the highest price per year. The cheapest school per year is Southeast Community College in Lincoln. Two other Omaha schools that have certified programs are the Alegent Health School of Radiologic Technology and Clarkson College. In Hastings, there is the Mary Lanning Memorial Healthcare School of Radiologic Technology. Finally, Scottsbluff, Nebraska has the Regional West Medical Center school of Radiologic Technology.
How To Get Certified in NebraskaPeople in Nebraska get radiology licenses through the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services. People must pay a $25 application fee and pass the American Registry of X-Ray Technicians exam. The department will accept exams from other states if they are up to the same standards as Nebraska’s rules. People can also get a limited license by passing ARRT’s Limited Scope Exam. The limited license does not require going through a certified program first. With both the medical radiology license and the limited license, the person must finish 24 credit hours of continuing education to renew the license every two years.
Salaries For Certified X-Ray Technicians In NebraskaThe average salary range for an X-ray technician in Nebraska is about $48,710 a year. The salaries are likely to rise as the technician’s number of years of experience goes up. Salaries are likely to be higher in the cities and lower in rural areas. In Lincoln, Nebraska, the average salary was $49,000 in 2012. In central Nebraska away from a metro area, the average salary in 2012 was $45,740.
Job Outlook For X-Ray Technicians In NebraskaThe number of X-Ray technicians employed in Nebraska is about 1,500 to 1,600. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics projects that the number of X-Ray technician jobs will grow 21% from 2012 to 2022, which is faster than the average for all occupations. This projected growth is due the population aging overall, which will lead to an increase in medical issues, such as ones that will require X-rays to diagnose. The projected job growth for Nebraska X-ray techs is 11.8% from 2010 to 2020, which is slightly behind the national projected job growth for X-ray technicians.
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Health Information Management
- Medical Assisting
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Master of Science in Healthcare Informatics
Logan is a non-profit university founded in 1935. Logan University has remained grounded in chiropractic education, while continuously enriching academic options with degree offerings in health sciences since 2012.
- Master of Science - Health Informatics
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
ORU offers students Whole Person Education with the convenience of online learning. Minimize the barriers to completing your distance education by enrolling at one of the USA's Top 30 Online Colleges.
Some of the Whole Person Online Education Benefits include: Flexible and Relevant Academic Programs, Exceptional Faculty, Supportive, Christ-centered Community and Promoting Physical Health.
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.
X-Ray Technician Campuses In Nebraska
|Alegent Health Immanuel Medical Center/ Alegent Health||7500 Mercy Road|
Omaha, NE, 68124
|Clarkson College||101 South 42nd Street|
Omaha, NE, 68131-2739
|Mary Lanning Memorial Hospital||715 North St. Joseph Avenue|
Hastings, NE, 68901
|Regional West Medical Center||4021 Avenue B|
Scottsbluff, NE, 69361
|Southeast Community College||8800 O Street|
Lincoln, NE, 68520
|University of Nebraska Medical Center||984545 Nebraska Medical Center|
Omaha, NE, 68198-4545