How To Get Certified in MississippiIn Mississippi, X-ray techs must get a license from the Mississippi Medical Board at the Mississippi Department of Health. To be eligible for a license, a person must prove that they have graduated from a two year program and pass the American Registry of X-Ray Technicians’ exam. They must also pay an initial registration fee of $50. To qualify for their license renewal every two years, X-ray techs must complete 24 hours of continuing education credits and pay another $50 fee.
Salaries For Certified X-Ray Technicians In MississippiIn Mississippi, the average salary for an X-ray technician is about $45,080. X-ray technicians just starting out in the field are likely to have lower salaries than X-ray techs with many years of experience. Hinds Community College estimates that an X-ray tech’s starting salary in Mississippi will be between $33,000 and $41,000 per year. X-ray technicians who work in places with higher populations generally have higher salaries than areas with lower populations. For example in 2012, the average annual salary of an X-ray tech in the city of Jackson was $46,190. In the smaller city of Hattiesburg on the other hand, the average annual salary was $44,090 for X-ray techs in 2012.
Job Outlook For X-Ray Technicians In MississippiIn Mississippi, about 1,910 to 2,230 X-ray technicians are employed. According to the U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics, the X-ray technician fields with grow by 21% in the decade after 2012. This means X-ray techs have a strong job outlook nationally, because the estimate growth is higher than the average for all fields. A key factor in this is that the country’s population is aging, which leads to an increase in medical conditions. The projected job growth for Mississippi specifically is 21.8% from 2010 to 2020.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
The goal of Virginia College lies in its responsibility to its students, the technical and business communities, and the general citizenry. We have a long history of offering new direction to students.
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
X-Ray Technician Campuses In Mississippi
|Copiah-Lincoln Community College||P.O. Box 649|
Wesson, MS, 39191
|Hinds Community College||PMB 10458|
Raymond, MS, 39154-9799
|Itawamba Community College||602 West Hill Street|
Fulton, MS, 38843-0999
|Jones County Junior College||900 Court Street|
Ellisville, MS, 39437
|Meridian Community College||910 Highway 19 North|
Meridian, MS, 39307-5890
|Mississippi Delta Community College||P.O. Box 668|
Moorhead, MS, 38761
|Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College (Jackson County Campus)||P.O. Box 100|
Gautier, MS, 39553
|Northeast Mississippi Community College||101 Cunningham Boulevard|
Booneville, MS, 38829
|Pearl River Community College||5448 U.S. Highway 49 South|
Hattiesburg, MS, 39401
|University of Mississippi Medical Center||2500 North State Street|
Jackson, MS, 39216-4505