How To Get Certified in MinnesotaMinnesota requires practicing x-ray technicians to be certified and licensed. To obtain a license, the person must first meet the requirements of an accredited training program. Upon graduation, the student will be eligible to take the certification exam through the American Registry of X-Ray Technicians (ARRT) or the American Chiropractic Registry of X-Ray Technicians (ACRRT). Once the test is passed, the person can then submit a licensing application with the appropriate fee to the Minnesota Department of Health. A license must be renewed every two years, and the technician must have completed between 24 to 50 hours of continuing education credits, based on the type of radiology they practice.
Salaries For Certified X-Ray Technicians In MinnesotaThe salary for a certified x-ray technician in Minnesota varies. The low end of the range is between $39,396 and $56,009, with a median salary of $40,206. The mid-range for salary is from $41,647 to $59,210, with a median salary of 49,903. The higher end of the pay scale is between $44,619 and $63,435, with a median salary of $53,464. Actual pay rates are determined by several different factors. These factors include things like amount of experience the tech has in the field, how much education they’ve attained, the type of x-ray technician they are, and whether they’re employed in a rural or urban area. As skills increase, the salary will rise also.
Job Outlook For X-Ray Technicians In MinnesotaThe job market outlook for x-ray technicians in Minnesota is excellent. The employment rate for all types of technicians is expected to continue growing and producing a higher demand for imaging. Many of these openings will be in places such as doctors’ offices, hospitals, labs, chiropractic offices and dental offices. Newly certified and licensed graduates have a good chance of finding employment immediately, and those with multiple specialties have an advantage in the field.
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Radiologic Technology (AAS)
- Radiation Therapy (AS)
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Health Information Management
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
X-Ray Technician Campuses In Minnesota
|Argosy University - Twin Cities||1515 Central Parkway|
Eagan, MN, 55121
|Century College||3300 Century Avenue North|
White Bear Lake, MN, 55110
|College of St. Catherine - Minneapolis||601 25th Avenue South|
Minneapolis, MN, 55454
|Fairview-University||6545 France Avenue|
Edina, MN, 55435
|Lake Superior College||2101 Trinity Road|
Duluth, MN, 55811-2741
|Mayo School of Health Sciences||Siebens Building, 200 First Street, S.W.|
Rochester, MN, 55905
|Mayo School of Health Sciences|
Certificate - Radiography
|Desk R Charlton 200 1st Street, SW|
Rochester, MN, 55905
|Northland Community & Technical College||2022 Central Avenue NE|
East Grand Forks, MN, 56721-2702
|North Memorial Medical Center||3300 Oakdale Avenue North|
Robbinsdale, MN, 55422
|Rice Memorial Hospital||301 Becker Avenue, S.W.|
Willmar, MN, 56201-3302
|Riverland Community College||1900 8th Avenue, N.W.|
Austin, MN, 55912
|St. Cloud Hospital||1406 Sixth Avenue North|
St. Cloud, MN, 56303