Find Accredited X-Ray Technician Schools in MaineTo become licensed as an X-ray tech, you must attend a program that’s accredited by the Joint Review Commission on Education in Radiologic Technology. Accredited programs in the state of Maine include:
How To Get Certified in MaineX-ray techs in Maine must hold a valid license from the Radiologic Technology Board of Examiners, a division of the state’s Department of Professional and Financial Regulation. Those who have graduated from an accredited program must fill out an application form and pay a fee of $150. There are also continuing education requirements for technologists to keep their licensure up to date. Learn more online at http://www.maine.gov/pfr/professionallicensing/professions/radiological/technologist.html.
Salaries For Certified X-Ray Technicians In MaineThe average annual salary for X-ray techs nationwide is $54,620, or $26.88 per hour. Salaries in Maine are in line with this national average, ranging from $53,520 to $60,070. The range in average salary is largely dependent on years of experience and type of employer. In general, the highest paying jobs for X-ray techs are at college and university-affiliated hospitals as well as at specialty hospitals.
Job Outlook For X-Ray Technicians In MaineOverall, job growth for this profession is expected to be outstanding over the next 10 years. The Bureau of Labor Statistics projects much faster than average growth in this occupation at 21 percent by 2022. The highest concentration of X-ray techs will find work in general medical and surgical hospitals, medical laboratories, physicians’ offices, outpatient care centers, and other care settings. As the population of the U.S. continues to age, medical technicians will be even more in demand. In Maine specifically, X-ray technicians currently hold less than 1,000 jobs. As a result, growth is expected to expand in rural areas of the state as new hospitals and urgent care centers are constructed.
To learn more about becoming an X-ray tech in the state of Maine, consult the accredited programs listed above.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Health Information Management
- Medical Assisting
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
Regis is a leading Catholic university in greater Boston with undergraduate, graduate and doctoral students in the arts, sciences and health professions devoted to engage, serve and advance in a global community. Founded in 1927, and as a leader in education, Regis is dedicated to offering programs with a holistic view of health care that are designed for the future of the field.
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
Located just steps from the U.S. Capital, the George Washington University is uniquely positioned at the core of U.S. government, policy and law. GW students and faculty benefit from an unparalleled opportunity to study and work alongside leaders in every discipline. Whether on campus or online, you too can take part in the interchanges that shape our community and the world.
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
X-Ray Technician Campuses In Classes Maine
|Central Maine Medical Center||300 Main Street|
Lewiston, ME, 04240-0305
|Eastern Maine Community College||354 Hogan Road|
Bangor, ME, 04401
|Kennebec Valley Community College||92 Western Avenue|
Fairfield, ME, 04937
|Mercy Hospital||144 State Street|
Portland, ME, 04101
|Southern Maine Community College||Two Fort Road|
South Portland, ME, 04106