Find Accredited X-Ray Technician Schools in MaineTo become licensed as an X-ray tech, you must attend a program that’s accredited by the Joint Review Commission on Education in Radiologic Technology. Accredited programs in the state of Maine include:
How To Get Certified in MaineX-ray techs in Maine must hold a valid license from the Radiologic Technology Board of Examiners, a division of the state’s Department of Professional and Financial Regulation. Those who have graduated from an accredited program must fill out an application form and pay a fee of $150. There are also continuing education requirements for technologists to keep their licensure up to date. Learn more online at http://www.maine.gov/pfr/professionallicensing/professions/radiological/technologist.html.
Salaries For Certified X-Ray Technicians In MaineThe average annual salary for X-ray techs nationwide is $54,620, or $26.88 per hour. Salaries in Maine are in line with this national average, ranging from $53,520 to $60,070. The range in average salary is largely dependent on years of experience and type of employer. In general, the highest paying jobs for X-ray techs are at college and university-affiliated hospitals as well as at specialty hospitals.
Job Outlook For X-Ray Technicians In MaineOverall, job growth for this profession is expected to be outstanding over the next 10 years. The Bureau of Labor Statistics projects much faster than average growth in this occupation at 21 percent by 2022. The highest concentration of X-ray techs will find work in general medical and surgical hospitals, medical laboratories, physicians’ offices, outpatient care centers, and other care settings. As the population of the U.S. continues to age, medical technicians will be even more in demand. In Maine specifically, X-ray technicians currently hold less than 1,000 jobs. As a result, growth is expected to expand in rural areas of the state as new hospitals and urgent care centers are constructed.
To learn more about becoming an X-ray tech in the state of Maine, consult the accredited programs listed above.
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Health Information Management
- Medical Assisting
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Master of Science in Healthcare Informatics
Logan is a non-profit university founded in 1935. Logan University has remained grounded in chiropractic education, while continuously enriching academic options with degree offerings in health sciences since 2012.
- Master of Science - Health Informatics
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
ORU offers students Whole Person Education with the convenience of online learning. Minimize the barriers to completing your distance education by enrolling at one of the USA's Top 30 Online Colleges.
Some of the Whole Person Online Education Benefits include: Flexible and Relevant Academic Programs, Exceptional Faculty, Supportive, Christ-centered Community and Promoting Physical Health.
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Do you aspire to fulfill an evolving healthcare role as a highly-qualified nursing professional? GCU is the place for you.
- RNs, pursue your BSN or MSN conveniently online, backed by the legacy of GCU's traditional campus.
- GCU's bachelor's and master's programs prepare students to fill roles in direct care, management, health education and administrative disciplines.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at GCU are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Develop with hands-on practice, online and lab simulations and in depth peer discussions exploring best practices.
- Current RNs can choose from RN to BSN or RN to MSN online programs
- RN-to-BSN program offers courses in Illness and Disease Management, Principles of Assessment, and Holistic Professional Nursing
- RN to MSN specializations include Family Nurse Practitioner, Adult-Gerontology and more
- Courses help develop students’ assessment, patient care, and community outreach skills
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
X-Ray Technician Campuses In Classes Maine
|Central Maine Medical Center||300 Main Street|
Lewiston, ME, 04240-0305
|Eastern Maine Community College||354 Hogan Road|
Bangor, ME, 04401
|Kennebec Valley Community College||92 Western Avenue|
Fairfield, ME, 04937
|Mercy Hospital||144 State Street|
Portland, ME, 04101
|Southern Maine Community College||Two Fort Road|
South Portland, ME, 04106