Find Accredited X-Ray Technician Schools in LouisianaThere are different skill levels represented under the job title of x-ray technician. However, most future x-ray technicians opt for two-year degree programs that help them to develop the clinical proficiency, safety qualifications and interpersonal skills needed to work with patients in numerous health care settings. Delgado Community College (DCC) in New Orleans and Career Technical College (CTC) in Monroe offer accredited Associate of Applied Science degree programs in Radiologic Technology that meet those requirements. These programs equip students with knowledge about patient positioning during imaging, application of safety gear for patients and effective communication with both clinical staff and patients. Both DCC and CTC programs are accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology.
How To Get Certified in LouisianaAny health care professional who applies radiation to patients when conducting health care services must be licensed by either Louisiana State Technologist Board of Examiners (LSTBE) or the Louisiana Board of Medical Examiners (LBME). The LBME regulates x-ray technicians who work under the supervision of licensed physicians who have their own private practices. Other x-ray technicians obtain their licenses through LSTBE. Licensing requires that future x-ray technicians pass a state exam or the industry standard, national exam developed and administered by the American Registry of X-Ray Technicians.
Salaries For Licensed X-Ray Technicians In LouisianaThe pay scale for x-ray techs in Louisiana vary by location because one city may have a higher demand than others for the skilled allied health professionals. For example, the median salaries of x-ray techs in New Orleans and Monroe where the two listed colleges are located are $51,446 and $45,126 respectively. An area’s cost of living also impacts salary. Labor statistics show that many x-ray techs in Louisiana had salaries that were about 11 percent lower than the national average indicating that Louisiana’s lower cost of living may have been responsible for the lower salaries.
Job Outlook For X-Ray Technicians In LouisianaAlthough some areas in Louisiana have median salaries that are below the national average, the career outlook for the profession is good according to labor statistical data. Other regions have an excess of x-ray technicians and not enough jobs for them to fill. However, Louisiana has a healthy demand for the technicians, and the demand for x-ray techs state-wide is expected to grow 16 percent by 2018.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
Start your future now!
McCann School of Business & Technology (McCann) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
X-Ray Technician Campuses In Louisiana
|Baton Rouge General||3600 Florida Boulevard|
Baton Rouge, LA, 70806
|Career Technical College||2319 Louisville Avenue|
Monroe, LA, 71201
|Delgado Community College||615 City Park Avenue|
New Orleans, LA, 70119
|Lafayette General Medical Center||P.O. Box 52009|
Lafayette, LA, 70505
|Louisiana State University||8100 Highway 71 South|
Alexandria, LA, 71302
|Louisiana State University at Eunice||P.O. Box 1129|
Eunice, LA, 70535
|McNeese State University||Box 92000|
Lake Charles, LA, 70609
|MedVance Institute of Baton Rouge||9255 Interline Avenue|
Baton Rouge, LA, 70809
|North Oaks Medical Center||P.O. Box 2668|
Hammond, LA, 70404
|Our Lady of Holy Cross College||4123 Woodland Drive|
New Orleans, LA, 70131-7399
|Our Lady of the Lake College||7434 Perkins Road|
Baton Rouge, LA, 70808
|Southern University at Shreveport||3050 Martin Luther King Jr. Drive|
Shreveport, LA, 71107
|University of Louisiana Monroe||700 University Avenue|
Monroe, LA, 71209-0450