How To Get Certified in IdahoThe state of Idaho does not have specific licensing or certification requirements for X-ray technicians to work in the state, but X-ray tech employers strongly prefer to hire people who have passed the American Registry of X-Ray Technicians’ exam and become certified by the ARRT. Certification by the ARRT must be renewed every two years. To do this, X-ray techs must pay a fee and complete 24 continuing education credits. ARRT certification is good in all U.S. states, if the person also meets state requirements.
Salaries For Certified X-Ray Technicians In IdahoThe average salary in the state of Idaho for an X-ray technician is about $50,000 to $51,000 a year. On average, the Idaho job postings for X-ray techs are about 17% lower than the national average for X-ray tech job posting salaries. With more years of experience, an X-ray technician’s salary is likely to increase. The salary for an X-ray tech is usually higher in places with higher populations. In the Boise metro area in 2012, the average annual salary for an X-ray tech was $53,030. In comparison, the same year in the smaller city of Coeur d’Alene, their average annual salary was only $46,880.
Job Outlook For X-Ray Technicians In IdahoBetween 940 and 1,000 X-ray technician jobs exist in the state of Idaho. This field is one of the hottest in the U.S., because according to the United States Department of Labor’s branch called the Bureau of Labor Statistics, X-ray technicians have a projected job growth of 21% in the decade following 2012. This growth rate is higher than the national average. The country’s aging population is a contribution factor, since they will experience an increase in medical conditions that should be treated, including with X-ray technology. In Idaho specifically, the job growth is projected to be a strong 39% in the decade leading up to 2020.
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Health Information Management
- Medical Assisting
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in Stevens-Henager College is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Surgical Technologist (AOS)
- Master of Science in Healthcare Informatics
Logan is a non-profit university founded in 1935. Logan University has remained grounded in chiropractic education, while continuously enriching academic options with degree offerings in health sciences since 2012.
- Master of Science - Health Informatics
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
ORU offers students Whole Person Education with the convenience of online learning. Minimize the barriers to completing your distance education by enrolling at one of the USA's Top 30 Online Colleges.
Some of the Whole Person Online Education Benefits include: Flexible and Relevant Academic Programs, Exceptional Faculty, Supportive, Christ-centered Community and Promoting Physical Health.
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Do you aspire to fulfill an evolving healthcare role as a highly-qualified nursing professional? GCU is the place for you.
- RNs, pursue your BSN or MSN conveniently online, backed by the legacy of GCU's traditional campus.
- GCU's bachelor's and master's programs prepare students to fill roles in direct care, management, health education and administrative disciplines.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at GCU are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Develop with hands-on practice, online and lab simulations and in depth peer discussions exploring best practices.
X-Ray Technician Campuses In Idaho
|Boise State University||1910 University Drive|
Boise, ID, 83725
|College of Southern Idaho||315 Falls Avenue|
Twin Falls, ID, 83303-1238