Find Accredited X-Ray Technician Schools In HawaiiWhen you begin the process of selecting an x-ray tech program in the state of Hawaii, you need to be sure that the school you choose is accredited. Accreditation is important for many reasons, including the fact that it functions as tangible proof that a learning institution has conformed to regional, state, and/or national guidelines regarding important factors such as educational quality and fund allocation. At this point, there is only one accredited x-ray tech program in Hawaii, which is the University of Hawaii, Kapiolani Community College.
How To Get Certified in HawaiiIndividuals who wish to work as x-ray technicians within the state of Hawaii must become licensed in order to do so. As is the case with 36 other states in the US, Hawaii utilizes the American Registry of X-Ray Technicians (ARRT) exams to fulfill its requirements for licensing. Additionally, Hawaii requires that working technologists within the field of radiology complete twenty four hours of ongoing education for each 2-year term. Individuals who are licensed radiological technicians in other states that maintain requirements equivalent to those in Hawaii are licensed to operate in the state.
Salaries For Certified X-Ray Technicians In HawaiiThe median annual income for a radiologic technologist that works in the state of Hawaii is $66,910 (which amounts to an average hourly income of $32.66). This rate of pay renders Hawaii one of the country’s top 5 paying states for individuals in this field. However, it is important to note that Hawaii also has some of the country’s highest costs for living.
Job Outlook For X-Ray Technicians In HawaiiThe US Department of Labor predicts that the number of available radiology technician jobs will increase by 21% between 2012 and 2022. Of all hiring institutions, private medical practices are expected to hire at the greatest rate.
ConclusionAs made plain by the data listed above, selecting a high quality x-ray technician school is important. Now that you have a basic understanding regarding the importance of accreditation as well as pay rates and job outlook, you can determine whether pursuing a career as an x-ray technician would be the best decision for you.
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
Logan is a non-profit university founded in 1935. Logan University has remained grounded in chiropractic education, while continuously enriching academic options with degree offerings in health sciences since 2012.
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
X-Ray Technician Campuses In Hawaii
|University of Hawaii-Kapiolani Community College||4303 Diamond Head Road|
Honolulu, HI, 96816