Find Accredited X-Ray Technician Schools in DelawareThere is only one school in Delaware that offers an accredited degree in Radiology. Delaware Technical and Community College offers an Associate Degree program in Radiologic Technology at both their Georgetown and Wilmington campuses. The program at the college is accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology. Students must demonstrate clinical competence by performing a full range of radiologic procedures on patients from various populations. Students are also provided instruction in verbal, nonverbal and written communication in order for them to demonstrate professional growth and development. Students are provided information on ethics in the radiology industry and encouraged to use critical thinking skills to solve problems related to radiology.
How To Get Certified in DelawareIn order to be licensed as a Radiology Technician in Delaware, the applicant must be 18 years of age or older and successfully complete a state-administered examination. Upon successful completion of the examination, the state issues a certificate that is valid for three years from the date of issue. Certificates may be renewed by paying a renewal fee and if the current certificate is in good standing. A certificate that has been expired for more than 180 days may not be renewed, and the student must retake the certification examination in order to be relicensed. Students may be issued a temporary certificate if they are enrolled in an accredited post-secondary radiation technology program that is valid for 90 days from the date of issue, or until the student is notified of the results of the certification examination.
Salaries For Certified X-Ray Technicians In DelawareThe average annual salary for an x-ray technician in Delaware is between $40,000 and $60,000. Graduates are employed in hospitals, outpatient imaging centers and physicians offices. Earnings increase for graduates who become certified for computed tomography (CT), magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and mammography.
Job Outlook For X-Ray Technicians In DelawareAlthough there are no statistics on the job outlook for x-ray technicians specifically in Delaware, the Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts a 21 percent growth in the industry over the next ten years. It is anticipated that there will be an increase of almost 50,000 x-ray technician positions in the United States by 2022.
The job outlook for x-ray technicians nationwide is expected to grow significantly over the next ten years and this includes Delaware. Although there is only one school that offers an accredited radiology technician program in the state, the school has two campuses. One campus is located in the northern part of the state one in the southern part. Delaware is the second smallest state in the country, so access to radiology technician positions is easily accessible no matter where the potential candidate lives.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
X-Ray Technician Campuses In Delaware
|Delaware Technical & Community College||P.O. Box 610|
Georgetown, DE, 19947