Find Accredited X-Ray Technician Schools in ChicagoX-ray technicians generally have at least associate degrees in radiologic technology from an accredited school. These training programs include medical classes in the classroom and a clinical component so the student can get supervised experience performing the procedures. Individuals who already have an associate degree in a related field may become an x-ray tech by complete a graduate certificate program in radiology technology. Schools should be accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology.
How To Get Certified In ChicagoIn the state of Illinois, radiology techs are required to be licensed and accredited by the Illinois Emergency Management Agency’s Division of Nuclear Safety. To be eligible for this accreditation, the student must pass an accredited program and pass a certification examination through the American Registry of Radiologic Technology. Illinois is one of 32 states that uses the ARRT certification exam for licensing purposes. Licensure is valid for two years, at which time it must be renewed.
Salaries For Certified X-Ray Technicians In Chicago
Wages for radiologic technologists in Chicago ranged from $45,000 to more than $63,000 as of October 2014, according to Salary.com. The average annual salary was $53,926. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported that the Chicago-Joliet-Naperville metropolitan area had the 2nd-highest employment level in the nation for this occupation as of May 2013. There were 4,800 radiologic technologists and technicians employed in that area during that time.
- Master of Science in Healthcare Informatics
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).
- Master of Health Information Management
- BS in Health Information Management
- Bachelor of Science: Health Information Management
Logan is a non-profit university founded in 1935. Logan University has remained grounded in chiropractic education, while continuously enriching academic options with degree offerings in health sciences since 2012.
- Master of Science - Health Informatics
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor's Programs in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Lets undergrad students try classes before paying any tuition.
- Has an average class sizes of 18 for undergraduate and 13 for graduate-level courses.
- Offers numerous scholarship opportunities that can help students save up to $750 per term on their tuition.
- Tends to educate degree-seeking online and campus-based students who are adult learners with families and students who work while pursuing higher education.
- Master of Health Informatics
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- Specialization in Nursing Informatics (MSN)
|Northwestern Memorial Hospital||251 E Huron St, Chicago, IL 60611||nm.org|
|Malcolm X College||1900 W Jackson Blvd, Chicago, IL 60612||malcolmxcollege.edu|
|Wilbur Wright College||4300 N Narragansett Ave, Chicago, IL 60634||ccc.edu|
|Midwestern Career College||20 N Upper Wacker Dr #3800, Chicago, IL 60606||mccollege.edu|
|Rush University||600 S Paulina St, Chicago, IL 60612||rushu.rush.edu|