Find Accredited X-Ray Technician Schools In BaltimoreIf you want to become an X Ray technician in the Baltimore, Maryland area, you will need to find accredited schools where you can receive your training. One website where you can find such a list is radiologyschools411.com, which lists accredited radiology technologist degree programs by state. When you look at their Maryland listing, you will find that the Community College of Baltimore County offers a 22 month long Associate of Applied Science in Radiography. Although this is the only program listed in Baltimore, there are other accredited programs nearby, such as Howard Community College in Columbia.
How To Get Certified In BaltimoreIn the state of Maryland, all radiologic technicians must be licensed by the Maryland Board of Physicians. In order to become licensed you need to graduate from an accredited program, pay a fee and pass an exam given by the American Registry of X-Ray Technicians (ARRT). Once you have become licensed, you will need to renew your license every two years, which will mean taking continuing education courses to keep up with current practice.
Salaries For Certified X-Ray Technicians In Baltimore
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), the Batlimore-Towson area employs just over 2,200 radiologic technologists who earn an annual salary, on average, of $66,580. This annual average is higher than salaries earned by radiological technicians in Bethesda-Rockville-Frederick or Salisbury, other metropolitan areas in Maryland. Using the slightly more narrow designation of “certified x ray technician,” Simply Hired culled through their job listings and states that the average salary of a certified x ray technician in the Baltimore area is $58,000.
Job Outlook For X-Ray Technicians In MarylandThe Community College of Baltimore County, mentioned previously, offers MRI and CT tech training. For a list of other schools that offer Cat Scan technician training, it would be a good idea to search the radiologyschools411 site where you can find listings of all five schools that offer radiology technologist degrees in Maryland, along with other schools that have accredited radiography programs accredited by Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology. You can contact schools directly to see if they have the specific training you need.
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).
Logan is a non-profit university founded in 1935. Logan University has remained grounded in chiropractic education, while continuously enriching academic options with degree offerings in health sciences since 2012.
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor's Programs in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Lets undergrad students try classes before paying any tuition.
- Has an average class sizes of 18 for undergraduate and 13 for graduate-level courses.
- Offers numerous scholarship opportunities that can help students save up to $750 per term on their tuition.
- Tends to educate degree-seeking online and campus-based students who are adult learners with families and students who work while pursuing higher education.
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
The Metropolitan Institute of Health and Technology (MIHT) is dedicated to educating men and women to serve with confidence in the health and technology industry. MIHT provides career training for students to move forward in their chosen field of study, changing their lives for the better. MIHT strives to provide quality education with affordable tuition. Our staff works to determine the best financial options for students on an individualized level.
X-Ray Technician Campuses In Baltimore
|Community College of Baltimore County (Essex Campus)||7201 Rossville Boulevard|
Baltimore, MD, 21237-3899
|Community College of Baltimore County||7201 Rossville Boulevard|
Baltimore County, MD, 21237-9987
|Greater Baltimore Medical Center||6701 North Charles Street|
Baltimore, MD, 21204