Find Accredited X-Ray Technician Schools in ArkansasAs of this writing, many Arkansas universities and community colleges and some health care facilities offer radiology certifications and degrees. A partial list of Arkansas programs that are accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology is shown below. Additionally, many certificates and degrees are available online through distance education programs provided by out-of-state schools.
How To Get Certified in ArkansasArkansas requires that individuals pass the American Registry of X-Ray Technicians exam in order to be licensed to practice radiology science in the state. Nuclear Medicine specialists must also be licensed by the Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board. Registered radiology professionals from Florida, Illinois, Iowa, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Mississippi, Nebraska, Tennessee, Texas, and West Virginia may practice in Arkansas in accordance with reciprocity agreements between the states.
Technologists must take additional course work and be licensed by the Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board to practice nuclear medicine. Additionally, anyone who wants to practice cardiovascular radiology must be licensed as a registered cardiovascular invasive specialist by the state.
Salaries for X-Ray Technicians in ArkansasCertified X-ray technicians in Arkansas are well-compensated. An entry level technician typically earns about $38,000, while an experienced ultrasound professional can make $74,000 or more. The average for all radiology professionals in Arkansas is about $61,000, significantly more than the average of $49,000 nationwide.
X-Ray Technician Programs in ArkansasTo work as a CAT technologist, an individual must be certified by the American Registry of Certified Technologists. Certification requires, at minimum, completion of a program in Radiography, Nuclear medicine or Radiographic Technology, which can be taken at any of the above Arkansas schools. As of Jan. 1, 2015, candidates for CAT certification must have an Associates of Applied Science Degree to apply. Candidates also must demonstrate expertise in performing CAT scans, including experience in actually initiating scans. This experience can be documented online.
Beginning November, 2014, the Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board will offer a CAT Certification Exam. The exam is open only to already registered Nuclear Medicine Technologists who have documented a minimum of 500 hours of clinical experience in PET/CT, SPECT/CT and/or CT.
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Medical Assistant
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
Located just steps from the U.S. Capital, the George Washington University is uniquely positioned at the core of U.S. government, policy and law. GW students and faculty benefit from an unparalleled opportunity to study and work alongside leaders in every discipline. Whether on campus or online, you too can take part in the interchanges that shape our community and the world.
- RNs, join one of GCU's CCNE-accredited bachelor's, master's or doctoral nursing programs.
- Offering a full spectrum of nursing programs to fit your education needs and career aspirations.
- Online and evening classes designed to meet the needs of working students and adults.
- A holistic, physical, emotional and spiritual approach to patient care is taught in the classroom.
- Curriculum that connects classroom theories to working scenarios through many modalities.
Colorado State University-Global Campus
Colorado State University-Global Campus (CSU-Global) offers career relevant bachelor’s and master’s degree programs for working adults and nontraditional learners.
- The first and only 100% online, fully accredited public university in the United States
- No set class times or locations
- Affordable tuition, guaranteed not to increase as long as you are enrolled
- Accelerated eight-week terms
- Classes start every month
Nursing@Simmons, the innovative, online nursing degree program from Simmons School of Nursing and Health Sciences prepares Registered Nurses for the next stage of their careers.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree and RN license to be qualified for this school.
X-Ray Technician Campuses In Arkansas
|Arkansas State University||P.O. Box 910|
State University, AR, 72467
|Baptist Health Schools Little Rock||11900 Colonel Glenn Road|
Little Rock, AR, 72210-2820
|Central Arkansas Radiation Therapy Institute||West Markham & Univ. Ave./P.O. Box 55050|
Little Rock, AR, 72215
|National Park Community College||101 College Drive|
Hot Springs Nat'l Pk, AR, 71913-9174
|St. Vincent Infirmary Medical Center||Two St. Vincent Circle|
Little Rock, AR, 72205-5499
|University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences||4301 West Markham - Slot 563|
Little Rock, AR, 72205
|Southeast Arkansas College||1900 South Hazel Street|
Pine Bluff, AR, 71603
|300 S. West Avenue P.O. Box 7010|
El Dorado, AR, 71731-7010
|South Arkansas Community College||www.southark.edu|
|University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences||AHEC-Northwest 2907 E. Joyce Boulevard|
Fayetteville, AR, 72703
|University of Arkansas - Fort Smith||5201 Grand Avenue P.O. Box 3649|
Ft. Smith, AR, 72913-3649