Find Accredited X-Ray Technician Schools in ArkansasAs of this writing, many Arkansas universities and community colleges and some health care facilities offer radiology certifications and degrees. A partial list of Arkansas programs that are accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology is shown below. Additionally, many certificates and degrees are available online through distance education programs provided by out-of-state schools.
How To Get Certified in ArkansasArkansas requires that individuals pass the American Registry of X-Ray Technicians exam in order to be licensed to practice radiology science in the state. Nuclear Medicine specialists must also be licensed by the Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board. Registered radiology professionals from Florida, Illinois, Iowa, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Mississippi, Nebraska, Tennessee, Texas, and West Virginia may practice in Arkansas in accordance with reciprocity agreements between the states.
Technologists must take additional course work and be licensed by the Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board to practice nuclear medicine. Additionally, anyone who wants to practice cardiovascular radiology must be licensed as a registered cardiovascular invasive specialist by the state.
Salaries for X-Ray Technicians in ArkansasCertified X-ray technicians in Arkansas are well-compensated. An entry level technician typically earns about $38,000, while an experienced ultrasound professional can make $74,000 or more. The average for all radiology professionals in Arkansas is about $61,000, significantly more than the average of $49,000 nationwide.
X-Ray Technician Programs in ArkansasTo work as a CAT technologist, an individual must be certified by the American Registry of Certified Technologists. Certification requires, at minimum, completion of a program in Radiography, Nuclear medicine or Radiographic Technology, which can be taken at any of the above Arkansas schools. As of Jan. 1, 2015, candidates for CAT certification must have an Associates of Applied Science Degree to apply. Candidates also must demonstrate expertise in performing CAT scans, including experience in actually initiating scans. This experience can be documented online.
Beginning November, 2014, the Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board will offer a CAT Certification Exam. The exam is open only to already registered Nuclear Medicine Technologists who have documented a minimum of 500 hours of clinical experience in PET/CT, SPECT/CT and/or CT.
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Health Information Management
- Medical Assisting
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Arkansas College of Barbering and Hair Design (ACB) was incorporated under the laws of the state of Arkansas in May 1974. The school was previously located at 401 Main Street in North Little Rock, AR. In1984, the school was relocated to its current location at 200 East Washington Ave and has been incontinuous operation since that time. ACB opened with seven (7) students and sixteen (16) chairs andcurrently have forty-two (42) multi-purpose chairs and an average of sixty-five (65) students. Our purpose is to provide quality training in barbering and hairstyling to the residents of this and other states.
- Medical Assistant
WTI's success and longevity is due to its commitment in providing its students with the latest information and technology. It does so by continually upgrading its curriculum, lab instruction and instrumentation, and by collaborating with professionals to keep apprised of industry developments.
- Medical Assistant
- View Certificates, Associates or Bachelors Degree Programs in Medical Assisting Near YOU!
- Free Information for Medical Assisting, Healthcare Administration, Medical Billing, Coding & Transcription Degree Programs & MORE.
- Enter YOUR Needs and Requirements & Get Matched to the Perfect Campus or Online Degree Programs.
- Accredited, Flexible and Affordable Medical Assisting Programs that Fit Your Time & Budget. Use our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Nursing Degree Programs from Grand Canyon University's College of Nursing & Health Care Professions
- Degree Variety: GCU offers a full-spectrum of nursing programs including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, as well as post-master’s certificates.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at Grand Canyon University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu-accreditation).
- GCU provides a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients: physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Depending on the degree you choose, you could take online, evening, or on-campus classes. Speak with an enrollment counselor to discuss your options!
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- We're now Non-Profit.
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
X-Ray Technician Campuses In Arkansas
|Arkansas State University||P.O. Box 910|
State University, AR, 72467
|Baptist Health Schools Little Rock||11900 Colonel Glenn Road|
Little Rock, AR, 72210-2820
|Central Arkansas Radiation Therapy Institute||West Markham & Univ. Ave./P.O. Box 55050|
Little Rock, AR, 72215
|National Park Community College||101 College Drive|
Hot Springs Nat'l Pk, AR, 71913-9174
|St. Vincent Infirmary Medical Center||Two St. Vincent Circle|
Little Rock, AR, 72205-5499
|University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences||4301 West Markham - Slot 563|
Little Rock, AR, 72205
|Southeast Arkansas College||1900 South Hazel Street|
Pine Bluff, AR, 71603
|300 S. West Avenue P.O. Box 7010|
El Dorado, AR, 71731-7010
|South Arkansas Community College||www.southark.edu|
|University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences||AHEC-Northwest 2907 E. Joyce Boulevard|
Fayetteville, AR, 72703
|University of Arkansas - Fort Smith||5201 Grand Avenue P.O. Box 3649|
Ft. Smith, AR, 72913-3649