· Arizona Western College has a program that is comprehensive competency-based. Students prepare to take the National Registry Examination.
· Central Arizona College provides an environment that stimulates and challenges its students intellectually. The competency-based education focuses on patient needs.
· GateWay Community College in Phoenix is committed to the education and preparation of competent entry-level technicians who will provide quality patient care and imaging of high quality.
· The Pima Community College program guides students so they can demonstrate clinical competency requirements delivered in a professional manner and consistent with values of radiologic professional institutions.
· Pima Medical Institute, Tucson students learn skills necessary to provide diagnostic imagery of high quality. A Bachelor’s Degree is offered that gives academic insight that allows imagery to be understood and evaluated.
· Pima Medical Institute in Mesa on Dobson has some of health care education’s most sophisticated labs on the facility. Unique, hands-on opportunities are provided by instructors dedicated to the success of their students.
How To Get Certified in ArizonaTo be licensed to practice in Arizona, radiologist assistants must pass the American Registry of Technologists exam. Radiation Therapy professionals, Mammography professionals, and Radiography technicians are required to pass the AART exam or a state issued exam in their field either. A state-issued exam or the Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board exam must be passed by Nuclear Medicine practitioners. A state approved course must be completed, and the AART field exam must be passed by Limited License X-ray professionals.
Salaries for Certified X-ray Technicians in ArizonaThe demand for X-ray technicians is high. Public and private hospitals and radiological experts need qualified X-ray technicians. The average salary of a technician is between $49,000 and $73,000 per year.
Municipal location has a bearing on the salary. The same job pays $60,000 in Prescott and $48,840 in Tucson. Arizona’s average salary for X-ray technicians is higher than the national average of $40,710. Salaries are not within the top five. Maryland holds the honor of the highest average salary at $48,820.
Job Outlook for X-ray Technicians in ArizonaMost X-ray technology graduates end up working as X-ray technicians. Those planning to work in Arizona have a good chance of securing employment. There are a little over 5,000 X-ray technicians currently practicing in the state. The government has predicted the number will be pushed to 6,000 by 2018.
As stated above, employment can be found in hospitals or with radiological experts. Physician and public health clinics and diagnostic centers are also looking for X-ray technicians. The Bureau of Labor Statistics has made known X-ray technicians responsibilities are growing at a rapid pace.
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Health Information Management
- Medical Assisting
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Get hands-on training with Brookline College. We offer diploma and degree programs in the areas of health care, business, nursing, criminal justice, paralegal, and computer security. We understand that today's student is busy with many responsibilities, so we offer day, evening, and online classes, giving you options to fit school into your schedule.
- Diploma - Medical Assistant
- Pharmacy Technician
- Master of Science in Healthcare Informatics
Logan is a non-profit university founded in 1935. Logan University has remained grounded in chiropractic education, while continuously enriching academic options with degree offerings in health sciences since 2012.
- Master of Science - Health Informatics
Arizona College prepares students to work in the 'real world' of medicine. With the use of lecture and laboratory teaching, we provide our students with hands on experience.
- Medical Assisting
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in CollegeAmerica is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
X-Ray Technician Campuses In Arizona
|Apollo College||2701 W Bethany Home|
Phoenix, Az 85017
|Arizona Western College||P.O. Box 929|
Yuma, AZ, 85366-0929
|GateWay Community College||108 North 40th Street|
Phoenix, AZ, 85034
|Pima Medical Institute - Mesa||957 S. Dobson Rd.|
Mesa, AZ 85202
|Pima Medical Institute - Tucson||3350 E. Grant Rd. #200|
Tucson, AZ 85716