Find Accredited X-Ray Technician Schools in AlaskaThere are only two schools in Alaska that has an accredited X-ray technician training program. The first is the University of Alaska in Anchorage, Alaska. There are a maximum of 12 to 16 students in the program in Anchorage. This is due to the limited number of clinical rotations available in Anchorage. The other is in the University of Alaska’s Southeast branch in Fairbanks, Alaska. Students must complete the prerequisite courses and going through a personal interview to be considered for the program in Fairbanks.
How To Get Certified in AlaskaCurrently, the state of Alaska does not require X-ray technicians to be licensed to work in the state. But most hospitals and medical facilities want to hire X-ray techs that are certified by the American Registry of X-Ray Technicians, known as ARRT for short. To get certified by the ARRT, X-ray technicians must have graduated from an accredited radiologic technology program, such as the ones offered by the University of Alaska. Then they must apply to the board and pass the ARRT exam. Certified X-ray technicians must renew their license every two years by either going through the application process again or taking 24 credit hours of continuing education. X-ray techs in Alaska usually have an associate’s degree.
Salaries For Certified X-Ray Technicians In AlaskaIn Alaska, the average salary range for an X-ray technician is between $52,000 and $64,870 a year. The average salary listed on X-ray tech job postings in this state is 15% lower than the national average. These salaries are likely to rise as the technician’s years of experience go up. Salaries are likely to be higher in the cities and lower in rural areas, like many parts of the Alaskan wilderness. In Anchorage, Alaska, the average x-ray tech salary was $68,880 in 2012.
Job Outlook For X-Ray Technicians In AlaskaThe number of X-Ray technicians employed in Alaska is about 410 to 431, so it is a highly competitive field in the state. The Bureau of Labor Statistics in the United State Department of Labor projects that the nationwide number of X-Ray technician jobs will grow 21% from 2012 to 2022, which is faster than the average for most jobs. The projected growth is due to an aging population that will experience an increase in medical conditions, including ones that require X-rays to diagnose. The projected job growth for X-ray techs in Alaska is 30.9% from 2010 to 2020.
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
Logan is a non-profit university founded in 1935. Logan University has remained grounded in chiropractic education, while continuously enriching academic options with degree offerings in health sciences since 2012.
- Earn your Bachelor of Science of Healthcare Management degree online
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Program focuses on the business, management, and healthcare skills necessary for healthcare organizations to run smoothly
- Courses include Principles of Management, Healthcare Delivery and Organization, and Healthcare Finance