Accredited X-Ray Technician Schools in AlabamaAlabama students can find programs to earn degrees and certification in X Ray technology from several schools. They include Jefferson State Community College, George C. Wallace Community College in Hanceville and Dothan, University of South Alabama, Southern Union State Community College and Gadsden State Community College. Students have choices to earn their Radiology Technology Certificate or an associates or bachelors degree.
How To Get Certified in AlabamaThe only requirement in Alabama to practice as an X Ray Technician is for students to receive certification through the state Radiation Control Program. This is a certificate that is valid for five years. Some employers may require special classes, training or certification, depending on the requirements for the specific job technicians are seeking.
Some certification programs are voluntary and include those through the American Registry of X-Ray Technicians (AART). Some employers prefer that newly hired technologists have the AART certification. By 2015, those seeking this certificate will need to have earned an associate of science degree or higher degree.
Salaries For Certified X Ray Technicians in AlabamaSalaries for certified X Ray Technicians in Alabama range from about $30,000 a year to about $60,000. This is higher than many average salaries in the state for other health care related occupations. The median pay for X Ray Technicians in Alabama is about $42,000 to $45,000. Salaries of $60,000 or above are slightly higher than the national average for this career field. Salaries earned often depend on how much education and training students have received.
Job Outlook For X Ray Technicians in AlabamaHealth care jobs and X Ray Technician jobs are expected to grow at a faster than average rate at least through 2022 nationwide, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Job growth in Alabama is expected to follow this trend. Graduates of school programs leading to certification as X Ray Technicians can expect to find jobs in hospitals, doctor’s offices, medical clinics and healthcare facilities.
There is also a well-respected statewide professional organization in Alabama called the Alabama Academy of Radiology (AAR). Members of this organization are employed throughout the state as diagnostic radiologists, nuclear radiologists, medical physicists and radiation oncologists.
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Health Information Management
- Medical Assisting
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
You can prepare for a new career with help from Charter College. Our accelerated Associates Degree, and Certificate programs are designed to help you complete your education as quickly as possible. We offer year-round classes and flexible scheduling - study anytime from anywhere. We provide students not only with the technical skills necessary for success, but also job search and placement assistance so you can find new opportunities after graduation.
- Certificate - Medical Assistant
- Master of Science in Healthcare Informatics
Logan is a non-profit university founded in 1935. Logan University has remained grounded in chiropractic education, while continuously enriching academic options with degree offerings in health sciences since 2012.
- Master of Science - Health Informatics
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Nursing Degree Programs from Grand Canyon University's College of Nursing & Health Care Professions
- Degree Variety: GCU offers a full-spectrum of nursing programs including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, as well as post-master’s certificates.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at Grand Canyon University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu-accreditation).
- GCU provides a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients: physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Depending on the degree you choose, you could take online, evening, or on-campus classes. Speak with an enrollment counselor to discuss your options!
ORU offers students Whole Person Education with the convenience of online learning. Minimize the barriers to completing your distance education by enrolling at one of the USA's Top 30 Online Colleges.
Some of the Whole Person Online Education Benefits include: Flexible and Relevant Academic Programs, Exceptional Faculty, Supportive, Christ-centered Community and Promoting Physical Health.
X-Ray Technician Campuses In Alabama
|Baptist Medical Center South||2169 Normandie Drive|
Montgomery, AL, 36111
|DCH Regional Medical Center||809 University Blvd., East|
Tuscaloosa, AL, 35401
|Gadsden State Community College||P.O. Box 227|
Gadsden, AL, 35902-0227
|George C. Wallace Community College||1141 Wallace Drive|
Dothan, AL, 36303
|Huntsville Hospital||101 Sivley Road|
Huntsville, AL, 35801
|Jefferson State Community College||4600 Valleydale Road|
Birmingham, AL, 35242
|Physicians Medical Center Carraway||1600 Carraway Boulevard|
Birmingham, AL, 35234
|Southern Union State Community College||1701 Lafayette Parkway|
Opelika, AL, 36801
|University of Alabama at Birmingham||SHPB 437|
1705 University Boulevard
Birmingham, AL, 35294-1212
|University of South Alabama||1504 Springhill Avenue, Suite 2515|
Mobile, AL, 36604-3273
|Wallace State Community College||P.O. Box 2000|
Hanceville, AL, 35077-2000